PDA

View Full Version : Lauda Cadet Type Rating

737ng_x
9th Nov 2019, 14:07
Hello !

Anyone here received the Lauda Cadet Type Rating advertisement ?

rkk.pilot
9th Nov 2019, 14:12
Yes I did. I was invited for the assessment at the end of November. I have not a date at the moment. Do you have any rumours/informations about the selection?

Nineshsimbers
9th Nov 2019, 15:33
They are sending out ads for Cadet? They turned down so many experienced guys so there’s no way they are taking anymore cadets.

ytsirc
9th Nov 2019, 19:13
Hello, 737ng_x, I received an e-mail regarding a recruitment window at the end of November. I don't know if that is what you are referring to. I applied on their website about 4 months a go.

I still haven't decided if I will attend.

GE115b
9th Nov 2019, 20:45
What’s the Ts&Cs?

P40Warhawk
9th Nov 2019, 23:35
What’s the Ts&Cs?

https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Laudamotion and it continues in Europe with social dumping.

As a first job get your hours and move on asap from there.

Jamesflyer1
10th Nov 2019, 00:00
Hello guys,

May I ask where did you apply ? Because on the website it seems that they changed the requirements to 700 hours

thanks

MaverickPrime
10th Nov 2019, 00:08
Is there flight pay per block hour on top of the salaries list on ppjn? Too many different updates on ppjn, hard to know which is right!

Rocket61
10th Nov 2019, 09:48
As said, all applied around 3 months ago, ad has changed now

Nineshsimbers
10th Nov 2019, 16:26
Anyone know where 700 hours comes from?

I know many people who hold offers for Lauda but wont take them so hopefully they will drop the requirements

500 hours (ZFT) and 1500 hours (ATPL) I get but 700...?

Seanban
10th Nov 2019, 17:52
I applied to Ryanair through CAE and did the online assessment, then 2 weeks later received an offer for interview with Lauda. They are obviously trying to push cadets who apply for Ryanair into the lauda side of things. I presume it’s the same format as ryr interview except tech questions on a320 I guess

737ng_x
11th Nov 2019, 12:48
Here is the advertisement :

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/609x588/a1_7c3961b3c184d08e73de95b4b4e61cbc2b064653.png
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/605x596/a2_9fa8c4636142f1ddb978596e84ad64a96a01fa1a.png

Nineshsimbers
11th Nov 2019, 13:51
Hi everyone.
Could anyone kindly elaborate why they are sponsoring and paying for cadet costs when there is a large pool out there of experienced pilots (320 rated particularly) out there? I worked out in the long term it is not actually cheaper for them - the labour. The difference in salary does not justify this.

If anyone has an answer that will be great thanks to you all

bulldog89
11th Nov 2019, 13:59
Hi everyone.
Could anyone kindly elaborate why they are sponsoring and paying for cadet costs when there is a large pool out there of experienced pilots (320 rated particularly) out there? I worked out in the long term it is not actually cheaper for them - the labour. The difference in salary does not justify this.

If anyone has an answer that will be great thanks to you all

I'm sure 320 rated pilots have way more attractive options out there...

By the way, which "cadet costs" do you think they're paying for?

Nineshsimbers
11th Nov 2019, 14:36
20,000 euros is what Lauda will pay for the training costs. It is in the ad above.

The usual perception is that 320 rated pilots should have it easy, not always. Aer Lingus opened up but aren’t taking people until next Spring/Summer, if at all...BA wont open up for a while due to the industrial dispute. EasyJet only have a seasonal contract in PMI (very bad contract). Working for Wizz air (if not LTN base) is slavery..plus conversion of license and Brexit has really screwed things up. Vueling have said people wont start until next summer or potentially in hold pool for 2021!! That being said, its all about right place right time in this industry.

bulldog89
11th Nov 2019, 15:21
20,000 euros is what Lauda will pay for the training costs. It is in the ad above.

It is not.
The ad says YOU pay 10k€ and recognize your line training will cost Lauda 20000 €. This is just a legal basis to ensure you can be forced by a judge to pay the agreed bond. Without that they'd have to reveal the real costs and you'll be forced to pay just that, not a penny in excess.
Hard to demonstrate, as during your line "training" you'll be flying paying passengers...

The usual perception is that 320 rated pilots should have it easy, not always. Aer Lingus opened up but aren’t taking people until next Spring/Summer, if at all...BA wont open up for a while due to the industrial dispute. EasyJet only have a seasonal contract in PMI (very bad contract). Working for Wizz air (if not LTN base) is slavery..plus conversion of license and Brexit has really screwed things up. Vueling have said people wont start until next summer or potentially in hold pool for 2021!! That being said, its all about right place right time in this industry.

320 pilots are the most employable in the market. If not please tell me who it is.

edit: If you think easy PMI is a bad contract I truly can't understand how could you even be considering Lauda...

Nineshsimbers
11th Nov 2019, 15:56
Well they are ‘sponsoring’ you. 20,000 is at their own cost. They ‘incur’ the cost. A type rating does not cost 10k€, and line training is to compensate for the extra 10-15% extra the line training captains make.

320 pilots are definitely the most employable. However that is relative. And now the market is still saturated with 320 rated pilots and many who cannot find a job, many having to get a new rating. The Lauda contract isn’t as bad as that. At least I wont be seasonal, but I agree Lauda is not the best. EasyJet, as great as their training is also have a poor standard of cadet First Officers. With their ethics in their selection process with Amy Johnson and making a profit from TR on every cadet out of flight school with they take, I question their company ethos.

bulldog89
11th Nov 2019, 16:29
Well they are ‘sponsoring’ you. 20,000 is at their own cost. They ‘incur’ the cost. A type rating does not cost 10k€, and line training is to compensate for the extra 10-15% extra the line training captains make.

20k€ is a certain amount of money. It is also the sum LAUDA says to equal their expenses. It may differ from the real cost, and since they're asking you to certify that it's the correct amount (something you have no idea about) it probably isn't.
In any other industry training costs are part of the risk of making business, and such requests are just unthinkable and laughable. Just to put things into prospective: I know people without a high school diploma making 30k€/year, 8 hours/working day, 12 days off/month, living in their hometowns with their families, in a country with lower salary taxes and living costs than Austria's ones, no bond, no previous training costs to be repaid.

Anyway, you're not paying 10000€. You're paying 10000€ plus another 20000€ to allow you to leave the company at your discretion.

Again, during line training you're flying PAYING passengers, so the company is making money during your "training".

320 pilots are definitely the most employable. However that is relative. And now the market is still saturated with 320 rated pilots and many who cannot find a job, many having to get a new rating. The Lauda contract isn’t as bad as that. At least I wont be seasonal, but I agree Lauda is not the best. EasyJet, as great as their training is also have a poor standard of cadet First Officers. With their ethics in their selection process with Amy Johnson and making a profit from TR on every cadet out of flight school with they take, I question their company ethos.

Anyone who had the opportunity to read an easyJet contract knows these two airlines aren't even comparable. They're just two different galaxies.

Nineshsimbers
11th Nov 2019, 17:07
20k€ is a certain amount of money. It is also the sum LAUDA says to equal their expenses. It may differ from the real cost, and since they're asking you to certify that it's the correct amount (something you have no idea about) it probably isn't.
In any other industry training costs are part of the risk of making business, and such requests are just unthinkable and laughable. Just to put things into prospective: I know people without a high school diploma making 30k€/year, 8 hours/working day, 12 days off/month, living in their hometowns with their families, in a country with lower salary taxes and living costs than Austria's ones, no bond, no previous training costs to be repaid.

Anyway, you're not paying 10000€. You're paying 10000€ plus another 20000€ to allow you to leave the company at your discretion.

Again, during line training you're flying PAYING passengers, so the company is making money during your "training".

Anyone who had the opportunity to read an easyJet contract knows these two airlines aren't even comparable. They're just two different galaxies.

Thanks for the business lesson. If you read carefully, the English in the advertisement above, it is only 10k euros you pay.

I was merely pointing to the fact of the seasonal contract with EZY in PMI. None of them are great and I have not read both contracts no, I will not claim to know what they contain. Who would want to work for a company like easyJet anyway who promote positive discrimination and allow a very poor standard of cadet First Officers to join their company.

Anyhow I hope everyone who applied for RYR wouldn’t mind going for Lauda. Cadets are struggling to find jobs at the moment with all the experienced employed pilots swimming about. However RYR want to lay off pilots..? Not take on anymore. Just wait until those maxes come back into service. There will be a real shortage....

bulldog89
11th Nov 2019, 21:35
Thanks for the business lesson. If you read carefully, the English in the advertisement above, it is only 10k euros you pay.

I was merely pointing to the fact of the seasonal contract with EZY in PMI. None of them are great and I have not read both contracts no, I will not claim to know what they contain. Who would want to work for a company like easyJet anyway who promote positive discrimination and allow a very poor standard of cadet First Officers to join their company.

Anyhow I hope everyone who applied for RYR wouldn’t mind going for Lauda. Cadets are struggling to find jobs at the moment with all the experienced employed pilots swimming about. However RYR want to lay off pilots..? Not take on anymore. Just wait until those maxes come back into service. There will be a real shortage....

If you read even more carefully you'll understand that you pay 10k cash and then another 20k to leave in the first year, when you'll find out the pay is poor, living costs high and commuting unthinkable. Of course you could always stay 3 years and then cry when you find out how much money you lost compared to other A320 employers...your call.

Another fun fact: you'll be on a 15k GROSS salary for 6 months, no matter how much you fly. So for 6 months your gross salary would be less than your bond.

But hey...accordingly to your mothertongue it's only 10000€, right?

Seanban
11th Nov 2019, 21:40
Are they paying cadets from day one of the type rating or is this 6 months beginning after?

Nineshsimbers
11th Nov 2019, 22:36
If you read even more carefully you'll understand that you pay 10k cash and then another 20k to leave in the first year, when you'll find out the pay is poor, living costs high and commuting unthinkable. Of course you could always stay 3 years and then cry when you find out how much money you lost compared to other A320 employers...your call.

Another fun fact: you'll be on a 15k GROSS salary for 6 months, no matter how much you fly. So for 6 months your gross salary would be less than your bond.

But hey...accordingly to your mothertongue it's only 10000€, right?

I suppose you’re not after Lauda then...

For anyone wanting to join Lauda, the only cost you need to cover is the 10k euros. That is all. It’s absurd if you join an airline with view to leave in first year. I suppose you’re that type of person, a recruiter will not want you.

bulldog89
12th Nov 2019, 04:31
I suppose you’re not after Lauda then...

For anyone wanting to join Lauda, the only cost you need to cover is the 10k euros. That is all. It’s absurd if you join an airline with view to leave in first year. I suppose you’re that type of person, a recruiter will not want you.

Ryanair was bonding for 5 years with 5000€ initial payment, Lauda 3 years and 10000€ initial payment. Cadets who applied to Ryan are now being assessed for Lauda, and Ryan management is actively trying to force FR pilots to move to Lauda as they obviously don't want to.

All of this should ring a lot of bells...do you really think Lauda is a career airline?

BoeingLudo737
12th Nov 2019, 07:40
Ryanair was bonding for 5 years with 5000€ initial payment, Lauda 3 years and 10000€ initial payment. Cadets who applied to Ryan are now being assessed for Lauda, and Ryan management is actively trying to force FR pilots to move to Lauda as they obviously don't want to.

All of this should ring a lot of bells...do you really think Lauda is a career airline?

You sound like an expert. Do you even have a PPL? Did the idea that people who applied to Lauda directly are getting called cross your genius mind at all?

bulldog89
12th Nov 2019, 08:11
You sound like an expert. Do you even have a PPL? Did the idea that people who applied to Lauda directly are getting called cross your genius mind at all?

My qualification is none of your business, but for sure I have more experience in FR management than you do.
Of course who applied to Lauda is being called, but even you, with your giant pro-Ryanair bias, should realize that applying to a company and being interviewed for another one it's a rather strange practice.

If you have any further interest about my experience feel free to PM me, no English required, parla come mangi che non impressioni nessuno.

crimito
12th Nov 2019, 09:48
Who would want to work for a company like easyJet anyway who promote positive discrimination and allow a very poor standard of cadet First Officers to join their company.

You must be kidding... I'm a cadet who joined the company through the Amy Johnson scheme. Never struggled at work and just passed my LPC with an external TRE. Usually people talk s**t like you do when they got rejected.

Coli
12th Nov 2019, 10:09
Sounds like a big number of people that applied has the opportunity to go to the online assessment! So good luck guys!

Nineshsimbers
12th Nov 2019, 10:41
You must be kidding... I'm a cadet who joined the company through the Amy Johnson scheme. Never struggled at work and just passed my LPC with an external TRE. Usually people talk s**t like you do when they got rejected.

Don’t get me wrong. I believe everyone should have equal opportunity in getting into the RHS. I think its great that they are trying to get more females into the industry, fantastic going round to local schools and promoting the career as a pilot as open to all. However the monetary scholarships should be equal to everyone, I am sorry.

I know many EZY skippers, they are great. The standard and quality of training at easyJet is meant to be fantastic too, but even your own skippers question the process that cadet FOs go through to get into the company. I know a few that have gotten in, obviously succeeded in the assessment, however their training record is shocking. There is that but also them as a person. That being said, there are also people who did great in their training results and joined easyJet but there is almost like no filter for the other category...

I got into easyJet through my FTO. A very easy assessment. Much easier than to get into my FTO. You almost don’t feel proud to have passed it when you do...An interview with one person and a group exercise. Out of 18 of us 16 got in. Unfortunately I could not afford the 30k TR cost same as many.

BoeingLudo737
12th Nov 2019, 11:38
My qualification is none of your business, but for sure I have more experience in FR management than you do.
Of course who applied to Lauda is being called, but even you, with your giant pro-Ryanair bias, should realize that applying to a company and being interviewed for another one it's a rather strange practice.

If you have any further interest about my experience feel free to PM me, no English required, parla come mangi che non impressioni nessuno.

Parla come mangi? Ma che vuol dire? You have experience in what? I am not trying to impress anyone however, I believe it is an English thread hence, that's why I am writing in English.
It seems that nobody who applied directly to Ryanair is getting called by Lauda. I believe that the reason why people might get a call from Lauda is because they actually made an application to them
Stop the conspiracy theories!

bulldog89
12th Nov 2019, 14:00
Parla come mangi? Ma che vuol dire? You have experience in what? I am not trying to impress anyone however, I believe it is an English thread hence, that's why I am writing in English.
It seems that nobody who applied directly to Ryanair is getting called by Lauda. I believe that the reason why people might get a call from Lauda is because they actually made an application to them
Stop the conspiracy theories!

Are you sure? (https://www.pprune.org/10614757-post9056.html)

BoeingLudo737
12th Nov 2019, 14:09
Are you sure? (https://www.pprune.org/10614757-post9056.html)
Have you asked him whether he actually applied for a job with Lauda? give it up!

bulldog89
12th Nov 2019, 14:22
Have you asked him whether he actually applied for a job with Lauda? give it up!

Just read his post...and there's another guy on the forum in the same situation...
Add another two pilots I personally know and you SHOULD be able to see a pattern. But as usual talking with you is just a waste of time.

Rocket61
12th Nov 2019, 16:53
Has anyone who received the recent e-mail following the Lauda application a few months back, received a date for the supposed assessment at the end of november ?
I have replied on last Friday but still nothing

Kubaaz
14th Nov 2019, 16:35
Has anyone who received the recent e-mail following the Lauda application a few months back, received a date for the supposed assessment at the end of november ?
I have replied on last Friday but still nothing
Yes they offered me 26, 27 and 29 November. I´m still waiting for a confirmation email though.

Rocket61
16th Nov 2019, 16:05
Do you guys have the UPRT certificate ? It appears we may have to bring it at the assessment ...

george2323
18th Nov 2019, 20:13
Guys, does anyone have the confirmation of the date for the assessment, I am still waiting!! regards.

Omis95
19th Nov 2019, 09:46
Guys, does anyone have the confirmation of the date for the assessment, I am still waiting!! regards.

I was invited to attend on of those dates at the end of November too, but I just got an email saying that at the moment all the assessment slots have been cancelled! Damn!

Kubaaz
19th Nov 2019, 10:25
I was invited to attend on of those dates at the end of November too, but I just got an email saying that at the moment all the assessment slots have been cancelled! Damn!

I got the same email unfortunately, anyone got a mail where they actualy where invited to an assesment?

Serk10
19th Nov 2019, 10:58

got the same answer

Nineshsimbers
19th Nov 2019, 11:39
I know RYR would bottle the Lauda start up.....They’re losing a lot of money already...explains why they are cancelling sessions. Sorry guys. All the best

joblessPilot
20th Nov 2019, 01:51
So who is feeling brave here? The Lauda cadet pilot application is open at the Ryanair website. I would add the link but I haven't done the 10 posts on this site requirement for it so don't have the power to add the link.
No need for the conspiracy tin foil hat here. They just transferred the pilot that passed the Ryanair assessment in Lauda. Someone from my flight school was asked to transfer their license to Austria to fly for Lauda when they did the Ryanair assessment like 6 months ago before they stopped their type rating training.
They even added this "Hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) in accordance with FCL.745.A. (from the 19th Dec 2019)"
Regulation changed so they need to redo their application process, I guessed.
They even added the prefer APS MCC, which is a Ryanair thing from their mentor program. A program which cost about £7500. That is not including a type rating. So basically to join Ryanair/ Lauda you need 10,000 for the bond plus the APS cost. $$$$$$$$$
According to Ryanair propaganda video for the APS MCC program, the program gives you a 75% chance of passing THEIR assessment from just 50% if you only did the MCC.

Another avenue for Ryanair to make money, not from paying pax but paying pilot!!!

Hawker400
20th Nov 2019, 07:31
Regarding 4 and 5:

That website is the one people have been paying into for Ryanair assessment for years. I checked my past emails and statement and confirmed.

​​​​​The company is still Laudamotion and a lot of people in the back office are in Dublin. HR and recruitment.

Hawker400
22nd Nov 2019, 15:02
Anyone on upcoming December courses?
​​​​​​

rkk.pilot
22nd Nov 2019, 17:18
Anyone on upcoming December courses?
​​​​​​

Have you already past the assessment?

Hawker400
22nd Nov 2019, 17:38
Have you already past the assessment?
Transfered from ryr hold pool

Robcab
22nd Nov 2019, 21:00
Is it one starting in december for the a320 then?

1013hPa
23rd Nov 2019, 15:35

How long were you in the Ryanair holding pool for before getting a Lauda Interview? Would be interesting to know for the rest of us that are still in it. Cheers

Hawker400
23rd Nov 2019, 21:44
How long were you in the Ryanair holding pool for before getting a Lauda Interview? Would be interesting to know for the rest of us that are still in it. Cheers

Sorry I wasn't clear, few months ago Ryanair offered pilots that had their 737 course cancelled the opportunity to move to the A320, there was no interview involved.

joblessPilot
23rd Nov 2019, 23:07
Sorry I wasn't clear, few months ago Ryanair offered pilots that had their 737 course cancelled the opportunity to move to the A320, there was no interview involved.
Slightly off-topic, how long was the Ryanair process for you? Btw do you have the UPRT certificate? I'm think if I should apply for Ryanair but it is expensive now

Hawker400
23rd Nov 2019, 23:37
Slightly off-topic, how long was the Ryanair process for you? Btw do you have the UPRT certificate? I'm think if I should apply for Ryanair but it is expensive now

Ryanair is extremely fast with their assessment process. When I uploaded the final documents it took 2hrs for first stage. All in all less than 1 month from upload to successful message.

I don't have uprt because (so far) my course is before the implementation date.

Unfortunately I think everyone will need the uprt endorsement for any company when getting a TR in Europe. You can see this reply I received here: https://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/626246-advanced-uprt.html#post10610513

​​​​​

joblessPilot
23rd Nov 2019, 23:39
Hawker400 did you submit your doc on CAE website for the Ryanair program?

edit, is the online assessment hard? Like is the ATPL part is it really difficult in the Cut-e

Hawker400
24th Nov 2019, 09:56
Hawker400 did you submit your doc on CAE website for the Ryanair program?

edit, is the online assessment hard? Like is the ATPL part is it really difficult in the Cut-e

Yes that was still open when I applied.
Atpl is a very random assortment of questions. 10min 30q. If you practice a few of the exercises you will do well, it's not like dlr or mollymawk

PiperPilot
27th Nov 2019, 09:26
Hey Guys,

is someone invited for the upcoming Lauda assessment on december 4th in Dublin as well?:) If somebody is interested we can meet up the evening before in Dublin to share some knowledge about the upcoming assessment:8;).....Just leave a message and I will reply as soon as time permits....

Cheers:)