PDA

View Full Version : KA aircraft order now going to UO

Freehills
9th Nov 2019, 03:35
So KA will now only get 16 of the 32 A321 on order (as replacements). After that, they go to HKE for growth...

Natca
9th Nov 2019, 04:13
So KA will now only get 16 of the 32 A321 on order (as replacements). After that, they go to HKE for growth...

The whip saw continues.

Australia2
9th Nov 2019, 04:50

interesting times ahead . . . . . .

Avinthenews
9th Nov 2019, 10:08
Regional arm Cathay Dragon, which had initially been poised to receive all 32 A321neos, will get 16 between 2020 and 2022, Cathay said in a statement, adding the following 16 will go to HK Express from 2022 onward.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cathay-pacific-fleet-idUSKBN1XI16B

How old are the current 320s in the fleet?

Jn14:6
9th Nov 2019, 11:25
Pontius used to fly them............

propje
9th Nov 2019, 13:05
KA also stopped hiring DEFO the writing is on the wall.....

cxorcist
9th Nov 2019, 13:34
Tbh, this was an easy one to see coming.

Gnadenburg
9th Nov 2019, 16:08
Tbh, this was an easy one to see coming.

Wasn't it ! Yet recents have joined believing they are getting commands in 3 years. KA is shrinking. We are use to being rudderless under CX, but shrinking?

Will FO's linger, hoping for transfer to HKEX for command, or integration into CX?

I quite enjoy working with my colleagues in the RHS. Always a pleasant and easy day out. This is morale sapping for them and a few tips appreciated, from CX brethren, on how to cheer up the flight deck in cheerless times?

Freehills
10th Nov 2019, 01:34
Have a list of airlines on hand that are recruiting FOs?

deja vu
10th Nov 2019, 01:36
Once the ball started rolling it was never going to stop but rather gather speed. Hard to see a need for KA in the long term.

Air Profit
10th Nov 2019, 13:22
On some metrics, KA is now more expensive per pilot than CX...and increasingly so. As the previous poster commented, what is the point if that is increasingly the case?

cxorcist
10th Nov 2019, 15:53
On some metrics, KA is now more expensive per pilot than CX...and increasingly so. As the previous poster commented, what is the point if that is increasingly the case?
That’s part of it, but also the traffic in and out of Mainland China has been hammered over the last 6 months. The brand (KA) still has value, but the volume simply isn’t what it was. Will it recover? Idk.

It seems HK has taken a significant turn for the worse as an Asian business center with the political instability. Increased competition from Mainland carriers and direct longhaul flights in and out of China reduce HK’s role. Even Taiwan has direct flights which siphons traffic from there and presents more competition as a hub around the region. Let’s face it... HK isn’t that special anymore.

The only thing going for HK are its people and their resilience. Other than that, it’s really just the history as a successful British colony. HK needs to re-create itself as Singapore has many times, but I’m not sure the Mainland will allow it. Time will tell...

Air Profit
10th Nov 2019, 18:01
You mention the only thing CX has going for it is "their people and their resilience". You mean the very two things that CX management attack on a daily basis. What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

Bangaluru
11th Nov 2019, 01:06
You mention the only thing CX has going for it is "their people and their resilience". You mean the very two things that CX management attack on a daily basis. What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

He said HK, not CX.

Air Profit
11th Nov 2019, 18:58
Noted, thank you. The same sentiment still applies to CX however.

nike
12th Nov 2019, 11:24
Classic.

Holding on too tight there....

Seeing CX everywhere you look. 🥴

Air Profit
12th Nov 2019, 12:44
Well, you try 25 years of this misery (yes, blame self) and see how 'insular' your thought process becomes :(

cxorcist
12th Nov 2019, 13:00
Well, you try 25 years of this misery (yes, blame self) and see how 'insular' your thought process becomes :(
At least you’re owning it, most don’t! Living in places like TC and DB doesn’t help. It’s like a black hole that swallows you up and never lets you go. Buyers beware!

Air Profit
12th Nov 2019, 14:02
I remember that point where I had just done my command, and thought if "i left now" I would probably be happier in the long run. Sad to realise my intuition back then was correct. Many friends did leave, and almost to a man they are glad they did. Certainly they seem happier than any of us, never mind their families overall happiness. Wish I could turn the clock back. Oh well, almost finished, so not particularly relevant at this point.

Gnadenburg
13th Nov 2019, 02:21
I get the link between your misery in CX and the fact KA is owned by CX, but perhaps keep it a KA thread? Drifting every thread on FH into a why I don't like CX appears narcissistic.

On the KA cost base, the drive to put as many B scale on part time as possible with COS 18 replacements and Local Contract replacements makes comparisons difficult?

Shot Nancy
14th Nov 2019, 09:31
If you ignore cxorcist and Air Profit then this thread has meaning and is interesting.

Air Profit
14th Nov 2019, 10:38
Well, you obviously didn't ignore Air Profit :E

cxorcist
14th Nov 2019, 16:54
If you ignore cxorcist and Air Profit then this thread has meaning and is interesting.
... and there’s Nancy with her typical contribution... Zero! Isn’t that right Mr. Sikes?