PDA

View Full Version : 32 and 64 bit windows for iMac

AARON O'DICKYDIDO
5th Nov 2019, 10:33
I have an iMac and following the updater to Catalina I can no longer use my windows applications. Something to do with updating the applications to 64 bit. How do I do this, please.

Aaron.

Jhieminga
5th Nov 2019, 13:11
How are you running your Windows applications on your Mac? Are you using Parallels, or VMware perhaps? I suspect that the software that you used to emulate a virtual Windows system on your Mac is 32bit and therefore not compatible with Catalina. Updating this software might help.

MightyGem
5th Nov 2019, 19:13
Something to do with updating the applications to 64 bit. How do I do this, please.
You would have to install 64 bit versions of those applications, if they are available from the developer.

India Four Two
5th Nov 2019, 23:55
Here’s a possible solution if you are running Parallels:

https://www.parallels.com/blogs/catalina-32-bit-apps/

jimjim1
6th Nov 2019, 06:44
Which model iMac do you have?

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/326x155/imac_for_man_imac_for_woman_18d71fddf1c5aaf2ba19be7a6e404c93 125849f1.jpg

AARON O'DICKYDIDO
8th Nov 2019, 13:32
How are you running your Windows applications on your Mac? Are you using Parallels, or VMware perhaps? I suspect that the software that you used to emulate a virtual Windows system on your Mac is 32bit and therefore not compatible with Catalina. Updating this software might help.

Sorry, I have not got a clue what you are saying!!!!

Aaron.

MightyGem
8th Nov 2019, 20:46
Sorry, I have not got a clue what you are saying!!!!

Aaron.
Simple question. How are you running MS Windows on your Mac?

India Four Two
9th Nov 2019, 12:52
Aaron,

A clarification of MightyGem's question. In order to run Windows applications on a Mac, you need to install a virtual machine. This is a Mac application which can then be used to install an run Windows. I infer from your original post that you must have a virtual machine already installed on your iMac. You can look in the Applications folder for your virtual machine: most likely Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion. Other possible applications are Virtual Box and Wine.

Concerning your original post, are you able to launch Windows or is the error occurring when you try to launch Windows? If it is the latter case, you will need to make sure that the virtual machine you are running is compatible with Catalina.