PDA

View Full Version : Airline Prospects in the US

Mridul
2nd Nov 2019, 19:42
Hi everyone. Hope you are all well.
A little background. I am from India, an A320 Captain, flying in Asia and I recently got myself an FAA ATP. This was only to get a job in other Asian countries as verifying my Indian license for employment is a real pain.

While in the US, for the FAA license, I came across people who kept saying that there is a major pilot shortage in the states. I was skeptical at first, coz I've read about this hoax a few times. However, I then came across airlines like Silver air, which are actually hiring people without a work permit, and then helping them get one.
This makes me wonder if there is a chance for me, on the bus maybe, and if so, what is the procedure. I have read a few similar threads, but they seem to be really old. Thanks a lot for any assistance.

havick
2nd Nov 2019, 23:22
Hi everyone. Hope you are all well.
A little background. I am from India, an A320 Captain, flying in Asia and I recently got myself an FAA ATP. This was only to get a job in other Asian countries as verifying my Indian license for employment is a real pain.

While in the US, for the FAA license, I came across people who kept saying that there is a major pilot shortage in the states. I was skeptical at first, coz I've read about this hoax a few times. However, I then came across airlines like Silver air, which are actually hiring people without a work permit, and then helping them get one.
This makes me wonder if there is a chance for me, on the bus maybe, and if so, what is the procedure. I have read a few similar threads, but they seem to be really old. Thanks a lot for any assistance.

the only airlines in the US that have a shortage are the regionals. The regionals have only been hiring foreigners that either have a green card or Australians that can get an E3 visa.

ive heard of other bottom tier regionals (if there is such a thing) and some 135 operators sponsoring for a green card but I’ve never seen evidence of this.

no chance for you to be sponsored for a green card on the bus, maybe down the road as the regional shortage tightens you may get lucky on an embraer or CRJ.

4runner
3rd Nov 2019, 21:00
What the above post says. There’s no shortage in the US of qualified pilots to work for real wages. There’s a shortage of people willing to operate a jet for less than $50 an hour with another carriers name on the tail.

B2N2
4th Nov 2019, 16:59
I do t have a link but there is an immigration attorney in the Miami area who actively advertises that he can get foreign pilots a work visa/greencard.
You’re about to loose a lot of money especially with the current administration.
Only Australian pilots qualify for an exemption.