PDA

View Full Version : General Aviation near Hong Kong

PB4
9th Aug 2002, 09:19
Hi you all,

I'm gonna work into HK in a few month and I was wondering how good is the civil aviation system overthere, I'm french and currently hold an FAA PPL(A) certificate.
Is it possible to fly whitout other training (excluding of course the 3-4 hours of accomodation) ?
Do you know any good flight clubs around ?
General impressions will be good feed back...

thanks a lot !!

anito4a
9th Aug 2002, 10:27
Try contacting the Hong Kong Aviation club. Their website is http://www.hkaviationclub.com.hk/

Cheers

Big Kahuna
10th Aug 2002, 04:38
Unless you have loads of cash, don't even bother with the Hong Kong aviation club.

Your best bet is the Philipinnes. Or maybe Malaysia. There is also a flying club in Brunei, but it is quite expensive as well.

Slasher
10th Aug 2002, 07:01
PB the HK Aero Club is great for a beer or 20 and catchin up with old flyin mates and meetin new ones. Whats good about it is the Quake-generation kids tend to stay away and you get to hear a lot of stuff about real flying as well as hear the "There I woz.." tall storys after the booze takes effect! Beers a bit on the expensive side but well worth the social value gained.

And yeh there aircraft are too expensive to hire nowadays. Just stick to the Club p!ss-up nights.

kwaiyai
11th Aug 2002, 20:59
PB4,
The Thai Flying Club I personally think is good, Dont have there website address to hand but I'm sure a search engine will get it.
I heard the HKAero Club fly out of Sek Kong now and can only fly at the weekend.
All the best:D

PB4
13th Aug 2002, 15:32
Thanks for your answers and advices, sorry I've been out for quite a few days and did polled my post.

I think Aircraft renting is more and more expensive. But if you have to travel 100miles by train and walk to the field, maybe it worth paying a little bit more in a closest FlightClub....

thanks again for your answers...