PDA

View Full Version : LA Aircraft hire

PoppaJo
28th Oct 2019, 02:14
Been a while since I’ve been states side, last time I flew in LA we hired from Justice Aviation and have always used them as they are excellent. However they have since ceased ops with the impending closure of Santa Monica Airport.

Anyone used any recommended local operator over there? Looking for a 172 for taking the kids for a ride around.

International Trader
28th Oct 2019, 07:55
Try Richard at the Cessna Pilot Centre , Torrance airport.

havick
29th Oct 2019, 02:14
Couple of places out of SNA Orange County.

vee1-rotate
29th Oct 2019, 18:13
Camarillo Flight Instruction, at the Camarillo airport about 1 hour north of LA is my recommendation. Did a lot of my training there, and it's an awesome little airport to start/end at. Easy, friendly class D and a quick flight from Santa Barbara or the LA basin.

Friendly flight instructors and very well cared for planes.

Has arguably the best on-airport cafe/restaurant in the state also which is always a plus.

airspace alpha
31st Oct 2019, 04:54
American Aviation Van Nuys. Us$155 wet c172 and u fly at 3000ft over LAX without any security. Call them first and they’ll give you the gate code for VNY. No ASIC, no worries.
But- i had a chat with one of the airport cops airside. “Whats yr establishment?” Answer 65 fte cops and 80 vehicles, just for VNY. Compare that to YMMB and YMEN, which together are similar to VNY, who probably have 10 ground staff between them. Different priorities, and different operating philosophies.