PDA

View Full Version : Free flights = No 13th Month

Hydrolix
28th Oct 2019, 00:35
Discuss...

fl610
28th Oct 2019, 00:56
The selfish among you (majority?) will think that this is a good idea............and backwards your terms and conditions will continue to go until as a group you start thinking about the legacy that you leave the next generation. Management do what they are paid to do and pilots will continue to screw pilots............rinse and repeat.

tiger321
28th Oct 2019, 01:05
How do you come to that conclusion?!

I would say, that it shows that the company is financially still strong and wants to try to motivate staff.

No reason that anyone should even be thinking that the 13th month is at risk.

fl610
28th Oct 2019, 01:17
How do you come to that conclusion! .

:rolleyes: :ugh:

Oh gee I don’t know, past history!

Shot Nancy
28th Oct 2019, 02:12
Talk to QF people about how detrimental staff travel baubles and trinkets are.
🙄

bm330
28th Oct 2019, 02:51
Empty coffers and empty airplanes. Tickets on empty airplanes don't cost a thing.

fl610
28th Oct 2019, 06:12
Too funny. I have worked here for over 20 years. Every year the naysayers come out with reasons why the 13th month won't be paid. Keep doing managements job for them. They will be having a laugh.

Please tell me again why there are any pilots working at CX on less than A scale terms and conditions? :rolleyes: :mad:

tiger321
28th Oct 2019, 06:48
fl610,

I just looked at the thread again. My response was to the "free flights = no 13th month" comment. I totally agree with you, that we continually screw it each other over and do managements job for them.

There is no reason why we should not receive a 13th month. Those of you that were around in 2003 for SARS will know what an airline on the brink looks like. A year or so of that would have sunk this ship.
The present predicament has the potential to get nasty but is still a very long way off in terms of sinking the airline. Most of my flights are full and there are no parked jets. Definitely was not the case in 2003.

ACMS
28th Oct 2019, 08:06
Empty coffers and empty airplanes. Tickets on empty airplanes don't cost a thing.

Really? If you work for CX you’ll know that ain’t true.....

ACMS
28th Oct 2019, 08:08
fl610,

I just looked at the thread again. My response was to the "free flights = no 13th month" comment. I totally agree with you, that we continually screw it each other over and do managements job for them.

There is no reason why we should not receive a 13th month. Those of you that were around in 2003 for SARS will know what an airline on the brink looks like. A year or so of that would have sunk this ship.
The present predicament has the potential to get nasty but is still a very long way off in terms of sinking the airline. Most of my flights are full and there are no parked jets. Definitely was not the case in 2003.

yes 100% correct but it doesn’t fit the narrative some here continually push......

Air Profit
28th Oct 2019, 11:35
Hydrolix. Simply put, CX would be inviting epic chaos to their operation if they cheated their employees out of their 13th month. Never mind that our cousins at KA will of course be getting theirs (smiles all around in dispatch), but it would be on the backs of several years of no pay raise, increased costs and generally another kick in the teeth to people who largely are just looking for that reason to move on anyway. Considering that the company will come close to an overall profit, and probably actually declare one, there is no reason at all to hit the employees in such a way. If they are foolish enough to go down that road again, I'll enjoy a month off dealing with my "tennis elbow" for one.

Flex88
28th Oct 2019, 13:36
The selfish among you (majority?) will think that this is a good idea............and backwards your terms and conditions will continue to go until as a group you start thinking about the legacy that you leave the next generation. Management do what they are paid to do and pilots will continue to screw pilots............rinse and repeat.

What "Legacy" are you talking about ??? The one we dribbled away over the last 25 years ? That one?
The "Legacy De Jour" is that of a LCC HK Express (i.e. not even KA).

#CXit

fl610
29th Oct 2019, 00:05
What "Legacy" are you talking about ??? The one we dribbled away over the last 25 years ? That one?
The "Legacy De Jour" is that of a LCC HK Express (i.e. not even KA).

#CXit

You are absolutely correct, the horse has long bolted!

Bangaluru
29th Oct 2019, 08:54
This should absolutely not be discussed. This is like responding to a company survey; it gives them a free insight to their employees’ mindsets. There’s nothing anyone who posts on here actually knows about the 13th month so there’s no point throwing away useless comments which may be used against all of us. Shhhhhhhhhhhh :oh:

Flex88
29th Oct 2019, 13:26
This should absolutely not be discussed. This is like responding to a company survey; it gives them a free insight to their employees’ mindsets. There’s nothing anyone who posts on here actually knows about the 13th month so there’s no point throwing away useless comments which may be used against all of us. Shhhhhhhhhhhh :oh:

Don't ya love sarcasm ...

FlexibleResponse
29th Oct 2019, 14:27
What...Give away nearly 10% of your salary for free flights?

Why not give away another 10% of your salary for free food on flights and another 10% for free uniforms?

What about 10% of your salary for free Hotels at outports while on duty?

How about giving yet another 10% of your salary to boost bonuses for Personnel, Financial and Flight Operations Directors as well?

How stupid and how low does the intelligence and commonsense of pilots have stoop to satisfy those who will manipulate you?

Flex88
29th Oct 2019, 15:22
What...Give away nearly 10% of your salary for free flights?

Why not give away another 10% of your salary for free food on flights and another 10% for free uniforms?

What about 10% of your salary for free Hotels at outports while on duty?

How about giving yet another 10% of your salary to boost bonuses for Personnel, Financial and Flight Operations Directors as well?

How stupid and how low does the intelligence and commonsense of pilots have stoop to satisfy those who will manipulate you?

You are finding out as this process develop's.. Hong Kong Aviation history being made day by day...

Fly747
30th Oct 2019, 01:30
Fantastic offer. We still pay tax so to Tokyo save the $110 honkies fare only. This is aimed at office staff not us. Not for long haul. Not for J.

Natca
30th Oct 2019, 02:49
Fantastic offer. We still pay tax so to Tokyo save the $110 honkies fare only. This is aimed at office staff not us. Not for long haul. Not for J.

Thats exactly right, this is appeasement for the local staff...