PDA

View Full Version : Hot News From Qatar Airways

Jennie Blond
9th Aug 2002, 05:21
Hello Peeps.

Nice to be back on the forum after such a long time, but sad to report the news that I have.

The CEO at Qatar Airways has once again begun to wield his axe in the cabin crew department and appears to have taken a turn out of control in what appears to be a crazy attempt to re-establish his authority for whatever reason.

- The two most senior CSD's in the Company have been suspended. Their crime? Inoperative First Class seats after take off from Europe to Doha. Totally beyond their control. VIP passengers complained that the same situation has occurred on various occasions on the same aircraft. Why suspend the crew, who did their utmost to placate the pax on board?

- Another CSD has been demoted to F2 rank and has been forced to accept a new contract under the terms and conditions now being applied by the Company. His crime? Another pax complaint due to inop equipment;

-Six more flight attendants have been suspended until further notice without pay. Reason? Noise from the galley carts during a meal service which was mentioned by a pax when the aircraft arrived on ground in Doha;

-Another 3 flight attendants have been demoted from F1 to F2 grade for allegedly the same reasons as above;

I know that the company wishes to be the best and have the best people around, but suspending and disciplining the two most senior CSD's in the company in front of junior crew and staff members is ridiculous.

I know both personally and have trained them both during my time with Qatar Airways. Both are well liked by travelling VIP's from the Ruling Family of Qatar.

Very sad news and I wish all of them well in their careers (?)

A300Man
9th Aug 2002, 07:03
Hi Jennie,

Interesting reading. Can I ask what you actually did at Qatar Airways? And I am sure, despite his reputation, Akbar Al-Baker would not simply demote or suspend someone without a single shred of reason.

However, your post does concern me, especially if the treatment of seniors is still in this manner. I have commented about this in the past.

aviatorgirl72
9th Aug 2002, 13:10
I cannot believe that Mr Al Baker would do this, unless there was a little more involved.

The problem with this forum, is I feel that the whole story is never told.

At the end of the day, you work for Qatar Airways, you are aware, you better not make a mistake, one that is a stupid one, like not wearing your hat, buttons missing, etc.

Mr Al Baker is just trying to set standards, it is very strict company, and if you cant abide by it, then leave. He's also just trying to get the right team together.

Im sure there is more to this than meets the eye.

And if this is a re-occuring problem with the seats, then obviously CSD's are not logging it in the cabin defects book.

If you are the CSD the buck stops with you, and as I was always told, always cover your arse, which these people are obviously not doing.

My advise to anyone reading this, and going to work for Qatar Airways, make your own opinion of it, and dont let these statements put you off.

Piz Buin
9th Aug 2002, 19:11
Agreed, odd for Al, a concern non the less :eek:

Gotta-FOnow
9th Aug 2002, 23:14
Hey Guys

Seems like things have not changed at QR then still the same old S*** different crew these days.

As for the old most senior CSD's yes they are very professional and in my opinion if a seat works befroe take-off but becomes inop just after hardly the cabin crews fault.

Person demoted to F2 grade has been with the company for a very long time and yes has been demoted to F2 junior grade with new staff no and new pay etc etc.

Seems Snack Bar still yielding his iron fist. He is a control freek and will never get his best crew to stay under such a reigm. Yes QR have a great product and service but things will not improve to the highest standard if he cannot keep his crew which is very obvious.

As for saying snack bar has been good for the company yes he has was their right at the beginning and things have changed quite a lot but QR cannot keep their crew and that is fact.

If you wanna go work for QR then yes you have to make your own decision my advise is stay well clear and GO work for EK instead better conditions and much better salary.

ta ta for now;) ;)

Gotta-FOnow
9th Aug 2002, 23:20
A300 Man sorry have to disagree with you big time friend of mine was demoted from CS to F1 for no reason at all, just that snack bar wanted it done and to add insult to injury they worked as CS for well over a year and did not get paid for the position.

Also one other crew member recently was demoted from CS to grade one and again no reason given just that snacks wanted it done and both are very good friends of mine and did see it happen.

You dont work for QR so how can you make that statement you also sent email to taba and quoted that you were infact a senior crew member with QR when in fact your not, proof I have seen the email.

As for cannot believe snacks would do this he has done it lots in the past and will continue to do it.

SSone
10th Aug 2002, 03:08
Dear Mr. Al Baker,

What awful things people are saying about you! Is it your fault you're a little man (the word man is open to opinion) with a big important, power wielding man trying to get out? Surely it is everyone else's problem that you will never be a true 'Qatari', let alone Royalty (even if you have been successful in pulling apart the word 'Qatar' from 'Royal Flight'). People should be more sensitive that you speak both Arabic and English terribly. There, there now you just carry on jumping up and down and getting rid of any decent staff as you're quite right, they really don't deserve the job- anybody half decent deserves far better.

A300Man
10th Aug 2002, 03:37
Ssone,

Personally, I don't think that your last posting is very nice. I mean, by writing in such a manner, and knowing what the country and company and the man is like, what you have just done could jeopardise the positions and employment of these individulas even further, given that your post me be interpreteted as being from one of the victims (unless of course you are on eof the victims............?)

However all of you, and I know that it is not normally my wya to say so, but I have been in contact with people I know at Qatar Airways. I am sorry to say that the report given above by Jennie Blond is 100% true. I am very surprised and shocked and very concerned for the individuals involved.

I actually know personally one of the CSD's who has been suspended. She has been with QR for several years and I cannot understand what has gone wrong.

I am surprised that CEO has begun in this vain again and I am assured by QR Tech staff that there is absolutely NOTHING that the crew could have done onboard about an in-op seat.

I would be gled to hear from any other of my contacts at QR as to the fate of these crew members, who in this case appear to be totally innocent of any wrongdoing.

I would urge that if anyone in authority at Qr is reading this to please reconsider.

SSone
10th Aug 2002, 14:05
A300man-
Sorry you feel that way and perhaps it was a rather peronal attack, I take it you never saw the more foul comments written about 'said person' (between the white washes) at the past office car park?

No, I am not one of those people, are you? I have witnessed numerous colleagues and friends being terrorised, publicly humiliated and generally treated worse than animals. Also, people who gave all to their jobs for years, for no reason being 'out of favour' and viciously dismissed. Bearing all of this in mind, I do not see how what is said here could further jeopardise anybody's position, though I do accept it could be used as an excuse for further terrorisation, so I do apologise for that.

Gotta-FOnow
10th Aug 2002, 23:45
Ssone

Nice one, could not have put it better myself, will also find out from friends what is the truth all be it rather suspect little evil man has been upto his old tricks.

As for staff morale well think it is probably non existant at the mo nothing changed on that front then???

To all the present crew in qatar airways you have my sympathies and understanding their is life after QR.

:p :p :p

Lodestar
11th Aug 2002, 13:05
I have been following these postings with great intrest several weeks now.

What I was asking myself: do these things only happen with FA's or is it a general piolicy and can they be see within all categories of personnel eg. pilots, managment etc.....

Thanks

A300Man
11th Aug 2002, 17:08
Gotta- FOnow,

I would be delighted to see the e-mail from me to Taba that you are referring to. Could you please forward me a copy via the private messaging system.

Are you positive that I said I was a senior crew member with QATAR AIRWAYS?

I await your reply.

A300Man
11th Aug 2002, 17:09
Lodestar,

Happens across the board, but to a lesser extent arithmetically. Cabin crew make up the greatest bulk of the employee pay role, so it happens more to them than other personnel.

However, only one flight deck crew has been demoted as far as I know.

Gotta-FOnow
11th Aug 2002, 23:47
A300Man

Yes it was a email from yourself to taba stating that you were a cabin senior with QR and you asked who taba was ie. for his name, rather cheeky, sorry dont have it on my computer or would gladly send it to you. Quite funny to read later posts and find out you were not after sending that email. Quite frankly A300 you back QR and that horrible little man and dont really know what your talking about half the time.

As for the two who were suspended as CSD's recently my heart goes out to them for what is now happening. Does the little man honestly thing that by scaring the crews that they will be happy in their job. No me dont think so either. My thoughts are with them both at this time they are both very professional and hard working people and dont deserve this.

And as per ssone he doesn't deserve decent staff they deserve far better treatment after all they are the front people of QR.

Lodestar
14th Aug 2002, 15:02
Hi A300Man,

would it be possible for you to send me a message. I have lost your email adress so......:confused:

Thanks!

taba
15th Aug 2002, 11:04
A300 Man

Yep, you DID state that you were senior crew at QR!

Why the lies?

If you want the truth: Myself, Gulf Crew, Gotta Go, Aviator Gal will be only too pleased to give it to you.

Wake up and realise what is happening there!

:mad: