PDA

View Full Version : Which agency/airline to chose in China.

FO.Airbus
23rd Oct 2019, 19:49
Hi.

I’m looking towards China for a job as a Captain Airbus 320.

I’m hoping someone with knowledge in this area could help in how and which agency to chose?

There are many agencies offering the same type of contract but who offers the best support during the contract?

Does anyone have first hand info on;

China Aviation, VOR holdings, Smile-aviation and Tempo aviation?

Feel free to post what ever info you have on the mentioned agencies or others that have a good reputation for organizing contracts in China.

cheers

safelife
23rd Oct 2019, 22:05
Avoid VOR by all means.
Can recommend GAC.
Choose your airline carefully, you can't change it once you've been to China.

SW1
25th Oct 2019, 15:31
Avoid VOR by all means.
Can recommend GAC.
Choose your airline carefully, you can't change it once you've been to China.

does this mean if you’ve gone for a medical at one airline but haven’t been successful at the company sim. You can’t apply to other companies in China?

Smooth Airperator
25th Oct 2019, 23:42
Sorry bud. Company sim supposed to be easier, much easier than the CAAC check ride. So your challenge will be convincing the agency you are worth progressing. The Chinese and even HKers seldom tell the truth to your face and if they say they don't know that's just their way of saying we cant be bothered to risk it. In theory possible but the agency must be willing. Fail the CAAC check and then it's a mandatory 1 year wait but again the agency holds the key to get you into the recruitment process.

hijack
19th Aug 2022, 05:41
You can join any other agency, so long you didn't sign a exclusive mandate. what the agency does is connect you to the airlines, submit your application and licenses, organize an interviews and simulator checks.

safelife
17th Sep 2022, 17:18
However, you can't change the airline.

BRinChina
23rd Sep 2022, 08:14
Dear airline colleagues,

If anyone is considering heading to China for a contract, consider your options for a broker wisely.

I considered CAE PARC was a reliable choice but since covid they have shown different colours.

Social Security payments which were made on behalf of Employee which were to be returned to the Employee after termination are now being retained by CAE who say 'we paid it, we receive it'.

Chinese Law firm say it's illegal - so that's a matter for us to deal with.
For you, if you are considering employment with a Chinese Airline what I can say is, Brookfield, minus a small transaction fee (for making this transaction during covid without receiving their fee from the Chinese company) fully returned these funds to their pilots.
This is not an advertisement for Brookfield but their pilots had no less support than any other broker during employment and aren't faced with a legal battle at the end.

Background - about 8 years earlier, CAE PARC were about to lose all their pilots to Brookfield due to a bonus payment which CAE weren't paying. So CAE agreed to offset this by paying the Social Security for their pilots. Now not only according to the law firm are they obliged to pay it back in full, but they have also reneged on this agreement.
As if dealing with termination and two years of no other job opportunities wasn't bad enough.

Consider your broker cautiously (IMHO I would avoid CAE regardless of the legal outcome) and all the best to recovering your careers if you haven't already landed something!

azoff
12th Oct 2022, 01:05
Agent is very important in China

worldcity
12th Oct 2022, 11:58
I thought hiring was still frozen in China

Chocks Away
13th Oct 2022, 03:27
Longreach Aviation (https://www.longreachaviation.com/) is a reputable mob and has staff on the ground there and full support.
Happy Landings:ok:

hijack
4th Nov 2022, 04:25
Please take careful consideration when joining china. You are not offered a labour contract which means they can fire you anytime. In addition, all the agency provided, assuming you are a "contractor", these agency do not have a valid license in china to dispatch pilots as contractors. Corners are cut, social pension are not given, which according to law, a foreigner holding a work permit is entitled to these benefits. Operating all in grey areas with no protections.