PDA

View Full Version : Vietjet to Avalon 321neo

wheels_down
21st Oct 2019, 10:29
Dan the man throwing cash at these loco’s again. Vietjet A321neo from Q3 Next year.

Cebu will probably move down soon I’d imagine.

https://www.bay939.com.au/news/local-news/109981-avalon-airport-strikes-key-vietnam-deal

Global Aviator
21st Oct 2019, 11:16
That’s 3600nm in a straight line, 8hrs ++!!!

Is that not pushing it beyond capabilities?

However one looks at it, it is a long way in a 321 Y class config.

Luke SkyToddler
21st Oct 2019, 11:20
They bought a bunch of A321XLRs just the other day, the Aussie market is definitely big on their radar https://www.reuters.com/article/us-airbus-vietjet/vietjet-orders-15-airbus-a321xlr-sources-idUSKBN1W21XL

Roj approved
22nd Oct 2019, 03:29
Why isn't Jetstar announcing new routes out of Avalon in the XLR's or even the 787?

It's got a large capture zone of western VIC, cheaper parking than Tulla, hell the Skybus can have you in downtown MEL in under an hour.

For the 321XLR, AVV to DPS would be a doddle.

AVV-MNL in the 787/XLR

AVV-NAN or even NZ destinations?

I'm sure Linfox could through in a bit to help kickstart it, and it'd be better to be first to market than play catch up to the Asian airlines.

Sure, i don't particularly want to travel on a 321 for that length of time, but if the price is right history shows people will.

PoppaJo
22nd Oct 2019, 04:13
Why isn't Jetstar announcing new routes out of Avalon in the XLR's or even the 787?

It's got a large capture zone of western VIC, cheaper parking than Tulla, hell the Skybus can have you in downtown MEL in under an hour.

For the 321XLR, AVV to DPS would be a doddle.

AVV-MNL in the 787/XLR

AVV-NAN or even NZ destinations?

I'm sure Linfox could through in a bit to help kickstart it, and it'd be better to be first to market than play catch up to the Asian airlines.

Sure, i don't particularly want to travel on a 321 for that length of time, but if the price is right history shows people will.
Avalon suffers from a perception from Melburnians that it is located at the end of the earth. 5 years ago Jetstar were pulling out of Avalon. Taxpayers courtesy of Dan are subsidising the losses to the tune of xxx millions a year.

melpax
22nd Oct 2019, 08:39
Don't forget in those 5 years that nearby suburbs such as Tarneit have grown massively, and many of their residents are the target market for the likes of Air Asia & Vietjet.

And the odd Eastern Suburbs person looking for a cheap flight!

I have made the trek from the outer east to AVV for a Jetstar flight, found it to be the around the same time door to door as Tulla, especially taking the ease of parking into account.