PDA

View Full Version : Modular schools up North (UK)?

Muscovite
20th Oct 2019, 20:26
Hey all,

I did my PPL at Bartolini a few years ago and haven't flown since - ready to get back in the saddle and continue my training (modular) to get that oh-so-coveted fATPL. Now, as much as I loved Bartolini and Poland and would kill to continue there, for family reasons I'll have to spend the next few years in Northern England. So could anyone recommend good schools, particularly in the Manchester/Liverpool area, where I can brush up on my PPL and then continue with the rest of my fATPL training?

I'm fairly flexible with the location as long as its basically north of Sheffield, but I'm open to all suggestions. I've been pouring through tons of threads, but quite a few of them are starting to get quite dated, so it would be good to have some more 'current' information.

Bonus points the closer it is to Liverpool/Warrington/Manchester.

Many thanks!

Maverick97
23rd Oct 2019, 13:09
Hi, There are plenty of flying clubs/ flying schools in these northern wastelands. However, if you’re looking to go further than PPL/ self hire you’re going to struggle. You have Ravenair in Liverpool who offer ATPL theory and onwards. Apart from that you won’t find anything until you hit Perth in Scotland where you have ACS flight training, but then you have other options such as Tayside etc. You used to have PTT based at NCL/MME and LBA but they went down the pan last year. Alternatively, a tootle down the M1 and you’ve got Aeros at Coventry.