PDA

View Full Version : Air Baltic Assessment

Rocket61
19th Oct 2019, 20:28
Hi everyone,

I have applied for Air Baltic on the Dash 8 Q400 as a low timer. Did anyone attend or pass that selection and could tell us a bit more about it, especially regarding the time between selection and Type Rating ? I would say that they may have received a lot of applications and as they only operate 12 Q400, their needs on this fleet might be quite low, so I was really interested to know if it is going to be an endless pool again or not. If anyone has news, please share !

Thanks !

Rocket61
20th Oct 2019, 15:25
Everybody I know who applied there (me included) have been called for an assessment without it. It is the big mess regarding the advanced UPRT course in Europe, as it is completely new, almost no ATOs in Europe are able to deliver it for the time being. The fact is, you just need to have it completed before the start of the Type Rating if it is to start after December 20, 2019 (EU rules, FCL.745.a). They just stated this in the requirements because they will need you to have it before the TR, and hopefully we will have a clearer picture regarding this when approaching the date of December 20.
But if someone has managed to get such a certificate, please tell us how.
I am pretty sure they are aware of the issue, in fact having this certificate is only stated on Air Baltic for now, but it will be mandatory for EVERY airlines if it is your first Type Rating.

pilot_a
21st Oct 2019, 20:01
Rocket61;

When did you apply and when did you get invited? I haven’t got a reply yet so just wondering how long they usually take.[/left]

Rocket61
22nd Oct 2019, 09:35
I applied late September (around Sept 30), got the invitation for online tests around 7-10 days later, received positive answer 1 hour after having passed and they offered me dates in November for the interview. Do you have the advanced UPRT ?

WhatsOurVectorVictor
22nd Oct 2019, 12:13
pilot_a

I’m the same as you, also applied late September but heard nothing yet, apart from an email last week saying they are postponing the screening process. I have the advanced UPRT. All seems a bit odd.

inphorly
24th Oct 2019, 11:33
Hello guys, this is my first post here. I was called for assessment on 31/10 and 01/11. Anyone called on theses dates ? Fyi I don't have the advanced UPRT neither.

pilot_a
24th Oct 2019, 20:14
No reply for me yet. May I ask when you sent your application?

inphorly
25th Oct 2019, 07:22
Application sent on 7th of October, online IQ test done on the 8th. Positive answer and invitation to assessment received on the 16th.

Wroclaw
25th Oct 2019, 19:01
No reply to me too, not even an email. Should I reapply again ?

Coli
4th Nov 2019, 13:17
Hey guys!

I'm new in the forum, nice to meet you!

I recently received good news from the IQ test of Air Baltic, offering me an assessment next month.
It would be nice to hear some news from someone that already passed from the assessment, just to know what we have to expect and what is the company offering us!

If you what to contact me feel free to send me PM.
Cheers!

Giak
11th Nov 2019, 06:53
Hi guys im new as well. I have been invited for the assessment in Riga beginning of December. If anyone has some tips or advices would be really nice and appreciated. Thank you

Wertytg
14th Nov 2019, 15:12
I've recivied that email, but like 14 days later they sent me again the first email that said ''Thank you for willing to be a part of the airBaltic...''
but nothing else, still waiting

Adney
4th Dec 2019, 13:22
Hi everyone, I also applied to AB and I will have to attend the interview for Dash8 Q400 on 16-18 December... Does anyone have feedback( particularly regarding the sim session)?

edhelms
6th Dec 2019, 17:20
Do I need to convert my Italian License to work for Air Baltic? What I mean is, even if It's an EASA license , they want the employers to convert in the license of their country or I can work for them with the Italian one? Thanks

Luray
6th Dec 2019, 19:31
Yes, you will have to convert your licence, but they will assist you. U can only keep licence issued in Estonia or Lithuania.

Akum
7th Dec 2019, 09:36
Adney

I had my assessment in this May.

So about interview and sim.

In sim you will be together with another candidate, they will assess you as PF and PM. My scenario was, take off from Copenhagen,flight to Riga, after take off proceed standard SID after that, vectors, some maneuvers descent/climb 45° turns, after that proceed to VOR and hold, after hold more vectors and TCAS event, after that ILS approach, engine failure on final, go around, one more approach. Same for second pilot.

On interview, HR will ask you some usual HR questions. Why AirBaltic,What do you know about AirBaltic,why decided to become a pilot...
Captain will ask you technical questions,for me it was. CAT 1,2,3 minimum, questions about previous aircraft(da42) questions regarding icing and some more easy questions.

After that I had interview with psychologist, try to be honest with her, do not lie on your question, otherwise she will see it and you not gonna pass. She ask you a lot about childhood, parents, studies, friends, ask you to make some draws and after to do some tests to see your memory/logic.

After 1 day I received positive email and after 7 days I had final interview with chief pilot.
No technical questions,just questions about me,why AirBaltic, what do I know about AirBaltic (fleet, future plans, business model) just read Wikipedia and prepare your self, future plans in AirBaltic and so on...

After 2 days I got job offer.

stoneangel
8th Feb 2020, 09:20
Did the interview, but did not pass.
pretty to difficult what they are really looking for.
Sim was as describe previsouly, but no engine failure or any abnormal procedure...

Interview was ok, but one advice : don't mention your previous interview if they ask...if you failed you will be asked why and they start becoming suspicious, which is stupid, each interview and companies are different. I was honest (naive I woudl say), and even though they say, it does not influence their opinion sure it does.
Im pretty sure they did not take me because of this point...

XMV6
2nd Mar 2020, 20:20
Hello,
I've got the first confirmation letter and a link for the online IQ Test.
Does anybody know what kind of test it is and is there any possibility to get an example of this test?
Maybe someone already passed it and have saved the layout of this test and questions?
Thank you

Jamie2009
7th Mar 2020, 06:33
Hi All,

I have an FO on the A220 assessment coming upon in the next few weeks.
Any insight is much appreciated. :ok:

Thanks

PS.. I also thought the online tests were the hardest I've ever done for Pilot Job

Zlip
2nd Feb 2023, 14:05
Hi everyone ! I have an interview planned for 1st and 2nd march. Any fresh news appreciated !

PS: as of now, the sim is on a DA42 single pilot.

patituri
6th Feb 2023, 08:47
Hi everyone ! I have an interview planned for 1st and 2nd march. Any fresh news appreciated !

PS: as of now, the sim is on a DA42 single pilot.
Sim assessment on DA42 was maybe the easiest one I ever had. Take off on vectors, some turns and then back for ILS landing. No malfunctions, no trics. I have jet background and flying DA42 seemed to me super slow, can' miss something. Technical questions later were about what a pilot is supposed to know, nothing tricky.
In my point of view, passing the assessment is the easy part, the hard one is to relocate in Riga for at least the duration of the bond, but that depends on where you come from

Zlip
6th Feb 2023, 12:45
Check ! Thanks for your input ! Riga is indeed not my first choice but will see what happens !