PDA

View Full Version : Pilots with EASA ratings in Asia

BoeingDriver99
17th Oct 2019, 19:22
As above, how do you keep current? Do you bother? What’s an easy way to get an EASA LPC done?

Many thanks

kwaiyai
18th Oct 2019, 09:02
You can find EASA approved facilities in Asia depending on what type you fly.
I worked in 2 countries in SE Asia which gave me a Validation using my EASA ATPL and I had to keep the
rating for what I was flying current. A320 for me was through Greendot aviation and AATC in Bangkok.
As for not bothering to renew, I would recommend NOT letting it go for more than 3 years after the expiry
date of last check unless you dont think you will be needing it again.

1st Dec 2019, 10:06
Hi guys,
L3 has taken over as AATC's ATO last August. Not sure if they do private candidates.
You can also check out FOS in Bangkok for EASA renewals on A320/ A330. (www.flightoperations.group)
Cheers

ZFT
1st Dec 2019, 10:14
Hi guys,
L3 has taken over as AATC's ATO last August. Not sure if they do private candidates.
You can also check out FOS in Bangkok for EASA renewals on A320/ A330. (www.flightoperations.group)
Cheers

Incorrect.

iggy
1st Dec 2019, 16:19
Hi guys,
Cheers

You can still go through Greendot Aviation to renew/revalidate your EASA rating in AATC facilities in Bangkok.

2nd Dec 2019, 04:26
Incorrect.

Although I'm pretty sure L3 Harris took over last summer. They were even advertising for Bangkok based TRI positions on Flightglobal a few months ago, as well as on their own website until a few days ago: www.l3commercialaviation.com/careers/current-vacancies/a320330-trissfis-and-a320330-tressfes-instructor-bangkok/

Besides, if you check AATC's website: www.aatc-bkk.com/the-centre/performance/ it clearly says that "Airbus training is delivered in conjunction with L3Harris under UK-CAA".

In any case, apologies if any given info was incorrect.

avoka
2nd Dec 2019, 05:04
Hi Guys
May be it’s not correct thread but anyway I want to ask anybody who is using FAA ATP with any commercial TR (A320/330, B737/777 etc.) and flying for NON FAA carriers.
Do You guys somehow keep Your FAA TR current like guys who are holders EASA licenses?
PM to me please if You need
Any reference to CFR would be appreciated greatly
——-
safe flights

FlightDetent
2nd Dec 2019, 08:04
Just saying, For EASA there is no need to keep the rating alive as long as you are flying the type on local license.