PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Interview - Types of Questions

Runway37
13th Oct 2019, 19:16
Hi All,

I have an interview coming up soon and have been given an insight into what the interview will contain. I have been told it will be based on operational knowledge and general flying technique knowledge.

It's for corporate business jet charter and not airline (if that makes a difference?)

Any insight on what I should read up on to prepare?

Thanks in advance.

Nineshsimbers
14th Oct 2019, 14:39
Hi mate,

I think aside from the general pilot competencies out there, it’ll probably be a lot more about how flexible you are (being called last minute to operate) and how you can go do that extra for the customer (who are presumably gonna be very upmarket). So find examples for those I’d say and have those prepared alongside the usual questions you can get at an airline interview. Operational knowledge could come up in a tech test of interview and flying technique I suppose through a sim assessment?

Good luck.

Falcon99
30th Oct 2019, 09:45
The interview may something similar to an airline but I can assure you the work will be very different.

In the corporate flight department in which I worked we decided amongst ourselves that if the service we gave our corporate passengers was not equal to, or better than airline First Class, the company may as well close the flight department, save a fortune, and we'd all be out of work.

Like many in this sector of the industry we flew for fun and were paid for the waiting. At the interview I would suggest you come across as a team player who will do whatever it takes (within the law) to get the job done.

Good luck, it can be a rewarding and interesting career.