PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for Flight Engineers

727Man
11th Jul 2002, 18:43
Anyone out there no of anyone or company looking for Flight Engineers?

fesmokie
11th Jul 2002, 18:51
If you find one please let me know. Even a ferry would be fine.I'm current and qualified 727 Tanx.

SBA
11th Jul 2002, 21:52
Have you tried Macdonalds?

fesmokie
11th Jul 2002, 22:12
At least Macdonalds pays, and one gets much more respect there.

Chris cargo
12th Jul 2002, 17:17
SBA

To many future Atlantic pilots allready working there saving up to buy a razor

threestable
13th Jul 2002, 03:04
Razor equipped staff at AAG! Oh dear SBA, better make sure the car park lights are on!! You had better get off to Macs yourself...
I can see it..........
'Right, three pieces of bread in a Mac yeah... yeah, yeah, (drums fingers on table enthusiastically). Take away one and.......' (stops listening to anyone, and calculates productivity bonus!)
As you so eloquently stated reference another topic;
'can you not find something more useful to do with your time'
- rather than make pathetic remarks to a genuine request for information.
Baaaaaaaah!
:p

teawhite1
14th Jul 2002, 23:38
Seems my last posting has disappeared? I merely questioned the repurcussions to European based crews of this rumour.

Hogg
14th Jul 2002, 23:41
Try looking where u put it:rolleyes: u left it under fedex thread, anything else u want me to look 4??

teawhite1
14th Jul 2002, 23:44
Ya!
Sorry Hogg, quite right!

Clarence Oveur
15th Jul 2002, 00:48
Try EAT in Brussels.
They apparently need a ****load of crews for their A300's.

Jim Reed
15th Jul 2002, 01:48
Hello! Just in case you might be interested in flying classic aircraft the Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation out of Toms River New Jersey,USA is now opening some Flight Crew slots for their beautiful classic Boeing C-97G program that is now underway. This private,nonprofit,all volunteer organization is in the process of making this C-97G STRATOCRUISER into a "Flying Museum" of COLD WAR HISTORY. ONLY 2 of these STRATS are still AIRWORTHY in the WORLD today!! Help & support is needed in this program to preserve in Flying condition This Great Proptransport of yesteryear. See new site for more info & pics at www.spiritoffreedom.org "HELP Keep M Flying"

SBA
15th Jul 2002, 08:57
Chris Cargo, Three Stable'
You are quite right about my Macdonalds comment, and you have my unreserved apology. It was meant to be a wry comment regarding the possibility of anyone finding employment in the current market, and amongst those unfortunate souls, the FE fraternity must be in the worst position.
Having read it again myself, I have to concede that it looks as if I am taking the p***, which was not the original intention. Many of us, myself included have been in the position of looking for work in this most unstable of industries, and my best wishes go to those who are forced to seek employment in the current climate.

Now about that third piece of bread? Would anyone really notice if it was removed?

threestable
15th Jul 2002, 10:13
Good on ya SBA! Apology accepted. As for the third piece of bread, don't remove it..... reconstitute it!

And now back to the original topic, Swiftair might be worth a look (Spain). Seems their 27's will be around for a while yet. Don't know what their crewing situation is though. Good luck to all stagecoach drivers, and their continued quest for survival.:)

DownIn3Green
15th Jul 2002, 11:56
Hi Guys,

If you can work in the US, Custom Air Transport (FLL) and Express.Net (YIP) are constantly holding "current and qualified" (i.e.-SHORT) classes.

Don't know about Express, but pay at CAT isn't bad: $50.00 per hr with a 60 hr guarantee, (18 days max on per month)

They still don't treat you very nice, but in these days, a jobs a job...

fesmokie
15th Jul 2002, 18:16
No need to apologise to me.I've worked with the meanest, the ugliest,The Scumbags and the insane as a PFE/Stagecoach driver and I,m hard as nails. Your right though, the PFE is a dying breed and I only wish I were younger (and could afford it) to obtain the rest of my pilot rateings so that it would open some more doors.I do think that things may pick up a little this fall mainly in the freight buisiness.Does anyone have a e-mail or Fax address for Custom Air.

DownIn3Green
16th Jul 2002, 10:25
Custom Air Toll Free is 800 4739131...there is a toll free fax but the number escapes me at the moment...

fesmokie
19th Jul 2002, 12:24
I may have found something if your current 727. Try Rishworth in NZ.

Cardinal Puff
19th Jul 2002, 13:11
Ummmm, you could try TransAfrik. They operate B727 and L382 types but the conditions are not ideal. Gotta be better than Mac's though.....

Their main base of operations is in Luanda so be warned.

fesmokie
19th Jul 2002, 15:14
Bin there dun that. Luanda that is. Took a 727 Fuel tanker over, spent two months in that hell hole and never got Paid !!!! thanks to IRWIN AIR out of Jo- Burg.The Boss took off with all the money so he made out OK. Sorry Trans Afrique wont do it for me either. I'm not that desperate . Thanx for the Info though.

Engineer
19th Jul 2002, 21:01
TransAfrik

Is this the company that had a couple of L100s shot down in Angola recently?

fesmokie
19th Jul 2002, 23:36
Don,t know but there are plenty of aircraft scattered all over the country side that have been shot down, ran out of gas, overshot runways and just about anything you could imagine.Lots of spare parts if you need em:

Engineer
29th Jul 2002, 18:54
Latest JAL FE recruitment (http://www.wasinc.net/news.asp?page=1) if you are interested

fesmokie
29th Jul 2002, 19:12
Allready applied for it. Thanx again .:p

GlueBall
31st Jul 2002, 19:58
Friend of mine got on at Arrow Air at MIA. Word was that new hire classes are already in progress with more classes scheduled for Aug and Sep. It was said that Arrow was expanding its DC8 fleet, requiring qualified Captains, F/Os and F/Es. Don't know what experience levels are required. :cool:

fesmokie
7th Aug 2002, 16:21
Rishworth Aviation is looking for Current and qualified DC-8 FE's for a one year contract in Europe. Contact Robert Finch at www.rishworth.co.nz if your interested. Good Luck ! I left the DC-8 in 1995.... Bummer.

fesmokie
8th Aug 2002, 15:41
Have a look on Climb to 350 . DC-8 crews wanted. Current and Qualified only. Good Luck !!

CR2
8th Aug 2002, 20:28
Would you please watch the links to to commercial sites; PPRuNe is not here to provide free advertising. I realise that the idea behind this thread is bona fide, so I'm checking with the the top bosses if some kind of exception is going to be made. Ta and good luck.

fesmokie
8th Aug 2002, 21:15
Uh..... ok but I'm just trying to help out my brothers as they would me. I'm Sorry... wha wha wha wha wha . I didn't mean it. I guess thats why I'm just an dumb PFE. Did I ever tell you I HATE CAPTAINS !!! Oh sorry.. I just lost my head for a moment. ANY JOBS OUT THERE ????? Can't you tell I'm bored to death. Do you know the difference between a stagecoach driver and the two pilots sitting up front??. Ok I'll go back to sleep.

Obsolete Observer
9th Aug 2002, 07:40
Immoderate moderation again..........:p

CR2
9th Aug 2002, 08:23
OO: No it ain't. I have rules to follow too.
FE: I've asked for guidance. As a general rule, links to commercial sites are frowned upon; if they want to advertise here, let 'em contact PPRuNe & cough up accordingly.
This one is a bit of a grey area; you may have noticed that the links are still there. They'll stay there until I get the go/no go decision. There is precedent for making an exception.
And just for the record, I mentioned that in my humble opinion they should stay in this instance. So do us a favour, stop slagging off.

DownIn3Green
11th Aug 2002, 00:00
Don't know how long you guys have been around, but this forum wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Cargo Rat2's perserverence it getting it on line, so why don't you give him a break?

FYI, Custom Air Transport is finishing up a class of 6 F/O's and 6 F/E's as I write this...another class in the works...

CAT1
11th Aug 2002, 00:08
Flight Engineers should be obscene but not herd.

fesmokie
11th Aug 2002, 00:59
Check your spelling. "HERD" in the Websters Dictionary is defined as" A Flight Engineer who taps you on the shoulder while on the approach to Bogota, the GPWS is makeing all kind of noise and he Calmly says "why are those sheep up here in the clouds?":D

Engineer
11th Aug 2002, 05:18
CAT1

Can tell you are a pilot by the fact that you had to edit an eight word sentence post. God help us all :D :D :D

CAT1
12th Aug 2002, 10:53
Well, my cover is blown. I'll miss flight engineers. Who's going to make the coffee? Who's going to come for a beer when the F/O is more intereted in his hotel room than the local sights? I've got used to that extra pair of eyes, even if they are weary and bloodshot.

fesmokie
13th Aug 2002, 00:58
Who's going to go to the Bar now with the good old Captain AND TEACH HIM HOW TO SPELL !!!!!!!!!:D :D

Capt PPRuNe
21st Aug 2002, 22:53
Fesmokie, please be VERY aware that anyone who ignorantly does ANYTHING that promotes ANY of Neil Robertsons scams will be under close scrutiny here on PPRuNe.

By mentioning the adverts on 350 and other websites where Robertson has been exiled to, only shows me and the other mods on PPRuNe that you have not done your homework about Robertson and his Walter Mitty fantasy land. If you or anyone else wants to give Robertson some free advertising for his fantasy world of 'airline CEO's' then you are NOT going to do it on PPRuNe. I do not allow fraudsters air time on here so be warned.

DownIn3Green
22nd Aug 2002, 02:46
Did I miss something?

I strongly agree with the above post from the Captain...

fesmokie
22nd Aug 2002, 03:04
My intentions I assure you were not to promote Robertsen but only to raise awarness to all that he is on the prowl once again. I am somewhat ignorant on this mans reputation in the aviation community and by posting the info regarding the add in 350 was only an innocent ploy on my part to perhaps shake up other ppruners to reply to the thread with a little more info about Mr. Robertson so that I and others may not get caught in his web, so to speak. Myself and I'm sure other un-empolyed and desperate crewmembers have received E-Mails from him requesting resumes and licence info and would jump at the chance of an employment offer. So with that said, I apologize if I stepped out of bounds. ;)

rockon tommy
25th Aug 2002, 18:41
Fesmokie!! STOP grovelling!! I take it that you are an F.O.!

dogsnutz
26th Aug 2002, 08:50
I have personally flown with several of the people involved with Lionair when I was with CKT and they are savvy types that would not get themselves involved in any scams. I've gotta say Danny that this looks like a personal vendetta on your part against the Guv and its pretty low of you to try to block us from possible jobs in this tough environment. I think we're all big and ugly enough to look after ourselves and not be taken in by anyone trying to 'scam' us!

CR2
26th Aug 2002, 11:30
dogsnutz

Danny gave you fair warning about that man; he is personna non grata here. I share your sympathies re jobs, nobody is trying to prevent you finding something.

Engineer
26th Aug 2002, 17:20
me thinks little rat that the post is a wind up considering it being an initial attempt :o

Obsolete Observer
27th Aug 2002, 07:55
You'd be surprised by just how many RAF L1011 flight engineers were taken in by his Caledonian Wings bulls*it, up to and including his supposed Chief Flight Engineer from Wooton Basset..... Guys were actually putting their notice in I hear. At best, idiots like Robertson distract time , effort, and emotion away from the task of getting a real job.:mad:

CR2
27th Aug 2002, 10:36
...And with Obsolete's observation (sorry, couldn't resist), this one is closed.