PDA

View Full Version : x 4 Dunedin ?

bigPONDsmallfish
8th Oct 2019, 20:11
https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/plane-fails-three-landing-attempts

Slezy9
13th Oct 2019, 03:21
You made an account specifically to comment?

Explain why he or she is a muppet? Do you judge all aircraft incidents on what is written in newspapers with “eye witness” passenger accounts as the primary reference?

Offcut
13th Oct 2019, 05:06
I’ve done four approaches before. Am I a muppet too? All within the rules with plenty of fuel. Should I be dressed down by a manager? Pull your head in.

Stickshift3000
13th Oct 2019, 07:53
The media’s fascination with go-arounds and scaremongering the (uninformed) public needs to be pointed out for what it is.I get tired of reading BS news articles that examine every facet of a normal flight to sell more papers/get more clicks.

27/09
13th Oct 2019, 08:07
Looks like the new way of spelling "muppet" is "reacharound".

Ollie Onion
13th Oct 2019, 21:33
Why a ‘muppet’, our OM says that you should ‘normally’ divert after two missed approaches but at the PiC discretion more attempts can be made. I had a day in DUD a few months ago where it was basically 12 kts tail at both ends, I tried an approach for RWY21 and missed due to wind, tried an approach to RWY03 and missed for the same reason, I then held for 20 mins whilst retaining my diversion gas and landed on the third approach as the wind had settled. I guess I too join the muppet brigade :-)