PDA

View Full Version : 737 bounce on landing - normal?

Cybersquatter
7th Oct 2019, 23:12
Whilst travelling on a 737 in Asia last week, the plane seemed to bounce on landing before finally landing properly. Is this normal? My googling seems to suggest this means the approach was too fast?

B2N2
8th Oct 2019, 04:06
Could be anything between pilot error and a brilliant save from an unexpected gusty wind or even windshear.
Nobody can tell except the crew.

WingNut60
8th Oct 2019, 04:30
Was it in Indonesia?
Was he able to stop without running off the other end?
If so, it was a normal landing. Get used to it.

Atlas Shrugged
8th Oct 2019, 05:33
It is almost impossible to judge a flight from aft of the cabin door. You have virtually no information, and have no idea of the pilots are seeing or dealing with.

Recidivist
8th Oct 2019, 05:34
Surely, if he didn't run off the end of the runway, it counts as a GOOD landing, not a normal one?

Blues&twos
8th Oct 2019, 12:12
Bouncing a few times on take-off would be more worrying, I reckon, in a 737..
​​​

dany4kin
21st Oct 2019, 12:17
If you search youtube for a 737 landings compilation, you'll see that many 737s seem to touch down fairly lightly initially and then (I assume when the relevant weight on wheels, wheel spin up, throttle position requirements are met) the spoilers deploy, the aircraft sinks quite swiftly on it's main gear oleos.

I've always thought even the smoothest touchdown on a 737 seems, in the cabin, to feel like a bounce when it's actually not.