PDA

View Full Version : Flight review for FAA pilot certificate

gsavopoulos
6th Oct 2019, 18:33
Dear FAA CFIs,
I have a question concerning the FAA Flight Review ,the older call it BFR.
Can an FAA certified flight instructor, CFI, perform a flight review on a multi engine airplane to a pilot that has a multiengine rating on airplanes, although the CFI is not an MEI (multiengine instructor) but he has a multiengine rating?
Thank you .

rudestuff
6th Oct 2019, 22:22
Why would you do the flight review on a multi? Do it on a single - it's much cheaper!

MarkerInbound
6th Oct 2019, 23:59
No, the CFI must hold ratings for the category, class (and type if required) on their pilot certificate and category and class on their CFI certificate.61.193 Flight instructor privileges.(a) A person who holds a flight instructor certificate is authorized within the limitations of that person’s flight instructor certificate and ratings to train and issue endorsements that are required for:

(7) A flight review, operating privilege, or recency of experience requirement of this part;

rudestuff
7th Oct 2019, 14:35
Given that 99% of people with a multi rating also have a single engine rating - has anyone ever done a flight review on a multi?

eckhard
7th Oct 2019, 19:56
Yes! Last year my son signed me off and we used a PA-44. Just wanted to fly one again after a long time away - it was fun!