PDA

View Full Version : look for flight school in South Africa

ISAACCCC
4th Oct 2019, 03:42
Hi All,

I am from Hong Kong and looking for getting a PPL license in Johannesburg as its lower cost then Aus and Nz. I am planning to go there in Feb 2020. There are few question i wanna know about:
1. Some people told me the weather is so good that you can fly everyday. Is it true, especially in Feb.
2. Any flight school is recommended? I am looking into Aeronav. But it requires considerable amount of deposit and their email is not responsive. 43 flight school sound good but is quiet expensive. Any other school you guys can recommend?
3. I wanna get the license asap, so i wanna get the medical certificate for solo before arrival as i know that the process of getting medical can take up to few weeks.
4. Hows the cost of accommodation around the school, should i rent a car?

If you live in Johannesburg or even being an instructor there, please contact me. I will be very very thankful!!! I can say no one in Hong Kong choose South Africa for flying, so i don't have any information so far. Your small help will be a great flavor!!!

My email is : [email protected]

ISAACCCC
7th Oct 2019, 09:01
Plz helpppppppp

anxiao
7th Oct 2019, 10:11
Hi Tsun,

Try Avcom.co.za rather than here. There are many more people on that site who know about SA flight schools. In fact if you browse the site you will find similar threads on the best flight schools to go for.

As for the weather, around Johannesburg in summer the flying is good in the morning and thunderstorms in the afternoon (very approximately). In the Cape Town or south coast area it is pretty good all summer, with flying possible most days.

Best of luck

ISAACCCC
9th Oct 2019, 06:10
thank you so much man, your comment really help!!!

Hi Tsun,

Try Avcom.co.za rather than here. There are many more people on that site who know about SA flight schools. In fact if you browse the site you will find similar threads on the best flight schools to go for.

As for the weather, around Johannesburg in summer the flying is good in the morning and thunderstorms in the afternoon (very approximately). In the Cape Town or south coast area it is pretty good all summer, with flying possible most days.

Best of luck

ISAACCCC
15th Oct 2019, 00:53
Pleaseeeee

PA23 Apache Driver
28th Oct 2019, 14:08
Hello Tsun,
In which part of South Africa do you want to learn to fly?
I can offer suggestions if you elaborate on where you want to stay? And how long?

Best.
(Keep them Flying, PA23, PA27)

​​​​​