PDA

View Full Version : Vietjet vs Air Astana

jklm05
1st Oct 2019, 05:19
Hello gents. I don't know much about either airline so I am looking for your opinion. I am an A320 Captain considering Vietjet or Air Astana. Which option is better? I am aware of the cold associated with working in Air Astana. Vietjet offers a better climate I guess to live in, but my understanding is Air Astana is more solid as a company. Looking for a long term position. Yet at the same time, keeping in mind that if I try to go to a bigger carrier after one contract, say maybe QR, will having Vietjet on my CV be looked down upon?

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Cool banana
1st Oct 2019, 07:14
VJC is so short of crews that they DONT do interviews or simulator interviews anymore, its a terrible airline with no standards no sops and where you will not get employment elsewhere with VJ on the CV!!

There are such better airlines to apply for, but you really have low standards to be aiming for Vietjet ?

But there again do yourself a favor and check previous Vietjet post, but there again there are plenty of fools out there.

You have been warned

safelife
1st Oct 2019, 21:46
Why not China?
Lots of pilots here are ex VJ and are glad to be here.

BAe 146-100
6th Oct 2019, 22:37
Be very careful with Vietjet, some airlines don’t hire pilots who have come from there which could be a issue if you try leaving and their reputation has got around the industry and not a good one. The caav have cracked down on them meaning the good days are over, avoid unless you have absolutely no where else to go!!

pineteam
7th Oct 2019, 13:12
I have a friend in Vietjet and he told me this month he has 57 sectors, 106hr with 1 week holidays. Nuff said.

jklm05
7th Oct 2019, 17:10
Thanks all. Definitely trying to stay clear of VJ. How about Bamboo?