PDA

View Full Version : B1.1/B2 Module 5

Aerodav
29th Sep 2019, 12:17
Gents,

Just a quick one, I plan to apply for the B1.1 license and I have a couple of Modules remaining of the Basic Knowledge and one of them is Module 5. Question is would be acceptable to pass the extended version of this module (B2) in order to get the B1.1 license. Reason is maybe in the future I would like to have both so in order to avoid doing this module twice may I directly do the B2 version.

As simple as the question may be I have not being able to find an answer in EASA's neither my CAA's guiadance material, regulations, etc, only how to extend your license from B1.1 to B2 and the other way.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

orion1210
30th Sep 2019, 05:55
I believe so. Though it would be worth checking in part 66 that all topics covered in the B1.1 mod 5 are covered to the same level or higher in the B2 mod 5 syllabus.

Don’t forget the module expiry time prior to applying for additional licence category.

NoTraps
30th Sep 2019, 09:47
Yes, Module 5 for B2 is level 3 and B1.1 is level 2 I believe. So this would be acceptable. Good luck though, Level 3 is pretty difficult!

TURIN
30th Sep 2019, 12:12
Word of advice. Don't run before you can walk. A bird in the hand etc. Get the B1 first. Work the aircraft, gain experience, get a type rating and get used to certifying. Then and only then, ask yourself if you want to tackle the added complexity of the B2. The extra responsibility doesn't necessarily mean more money in your pocket.
Good luck.