PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 210 P turbo problem

sylwia137
27th Sep 2019, 19:56
I don’t have turbocharge in engine, turbine seems looks ok, probably it could be a problem with controller or actuator. Intercooler temperature is 300 F, from the level 60 climbing is low, mph around 25 each not more, take off is normal.
In place where I am now I can’t find any mechanic around, I am planning come back with plane , it will be safe?

Momoe
28th Sep 2019, 15:55
The fact that you're concerned enough to go on a public forum for advice is enough, it's potentially unsafe especially as this could be the start of bigger problems. Your insurers would be unimpressed if you made a claim subsequently having asked for advice before the event.

gbruton
28th Sep 2019, 18:13
Are you saying the turbo in the engine is not working? Or are you saying you have a turbo 210 and there is no Turbo installed currently?

The turbo in 210/SR22 etc is there to provide more power in hot and high situations and better power into the flight levels compared to it's N/A sibling. That being said even IF the engine should technically perform like an N/A I would never feel comfortable taking that risk. The plane is designed to operate with the turbo and to know that it is not working and still take off with that major component not working is the 2nd step of 3 of becoming an accident report.
Additionally, you are going to have to get it fixed one way or the other right? Why not just get it fixed where you are and have a safe flight. Seems like a lot of unneeded risks to take on just to fix the problem later.