PDA

View Full Version : QR Losses

Phantom Driver
27th Sep 2019, 15:17
Interesting article ---

https://onemileatatime.com/qatar-airways-reports-losses/

But one has to ask if this is sustainable . Hats off to QR continuing to operate in very challenging geopolitical circumstances .

However , the final paragraph does raise a few questions , although one suspects in this case government funding will continue , come what may .

" to me those results are alarming. Of course the reality in the Middle East is that everything is fine as long as the government is willing to fund them. But we also saw how that strategy worked for Etihad Airways, when Abu Dhabi had enough…"

Jack D
27th Sep 2019, 17:19
Interesting article ---

https://onemileatatime.com/qatar-airways-reports-losses/

But one has to ask if this is sustainable . Hats off to QR continuing to operate in very challenging geopolitical circumstances .

However , the final paragraph does raise a few questions , although one suspects in this case government funding will continue , come what may .

" to me those results are alarming. Of course the reality in the Middle East is that everything is fine as long as the government is willing to fund them. But we also saw how that strategy worked for Etihad Airways, when Abu Dhabi had enough…"

Have they ever made a genuine profit since their inception ?

Xulu
28th Sep 2019, 05:38
Have they ever made a genuine profit since their inception ?

I’m sure $600m doesn’t come close to the real loss. It’s like asking your Fleet Manager how many people they’ve fired - Multiply it by 3 and it’s probably the real amount.

Oh they didn’t get fired, they “retired”

Phantom Driver
28th Sep 2019, 21:57
I’m sure $600m doesn’t come close to the real loss. It’s like asking your Fleet Manager how many people they’ve fired - Multiply it by 3 and it’s probably the real amount.

Oh they didn’t get fired, they “retired”

At least they have the decency to openly talk about " losses" , as opposed to other outfits down the road who seem to have never heard of the word . Smoke and mirrors preferred instead .