PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus Turkey - what s it like?

FarewellFire
19th Sep 2019, 20:00
Folks!

Looking for any info available regarding Pegasus of Turkey. Joining as a B737 F/O but would appreciate any insight whatsoever, especially when it comes to quality of life (life outside of work, rostering practices, etc) while working for this company.

Pop me a private message if this feels better.

Thanks!

me179
20th Sep 2019, 09:20
Would anyone please give us an insight about the working T&Cs at Flypegasus ?

Salary, Roster, legs/Day, transportation, holidays... etc ?

APU_inop
20th Sep 2019, 10:02
FO or CPT? Previous experience?

ciccinovolante
24th Sep 2019, 12:25
I'm interested in too. My case is: Cpt A320, over 2000 PIC on type and 7600 hours total. Is Pegasus a good reliable airline? What about roster and commuting options? Thanks to anyone that will share some info.

FarewellFire
28th Sep 2019, 12:32
FO or CPT? Previous experience?

In my case - FO, 1000+ hours on B737. Looking for a sound company culture, realistic work/life balance load. Money is secondary.

Vidinel
22nd Oct 2019, 06:30
I’m an Atc at Istanbul so I can give you information about city life but I dont know pegasus salary or etc. But Pegasus is growing so fast and they are doing well. If you start working, you will be on the asia side of the istanbul. Pegasus located in Sabiha Gokcen Airport which is a bit far to the city centre but not much. Don’t compare Turkey with arab countries. You can find everything you want for your daily life. There are lots of places that you can feel yourself at Europe. Istanbul is magacity with 17 million population. You can find many clubs pubs and everything about night life. So Its not like muslim city. I would try to learn some information about Pegasus and wirte here. All I wanted to say you guys dont think about the city.

ciccinovolante
25th Oct 2019, 05:53
Hi Vidinel. Thank you for your feedback regarding the city. I have few friends in there working for Turkish and Sunexpress and all said that the city is lovely and nice even if there are few cons as well.
if you can get some info about Pegasus, please share them with us. Thanks again

turker339
27th Dec 2019, 05:31
Like many places, its a great city when visiting, Living there is a totally different thing. If you can find time to see it, and don't mind the traffic, there is a lot to do. Living within 5-10 minutes of LTFJ like 95% of PGS pilots definitely makes life easier.

PGS is not a bad carrier to fly for, if you keep your blinders on regarding managerial issues and just fly. Employs a lot of former military pilots, can feel like an old boys club occasionally with many pilots being buddies from their respective AF graduating classes.

samca
21st Apr 2020, 20:04
Hi guys,

is Pegasus recruiting A320 pilots actively??

thank you

FlyingCroc
21st Apr 2020, 20:28
:O Are you trolling?

Roti Canai
22nd Apr 2020, 08:42
from the PG website,

13.04.2020Information About Cancelled Flights for 1st - 15th of May 2020

Dear Guests,

In line with the additional precautions to combat the coronavirus all flights are cancelled between 1st of May 2020 and 15th of May 2020 according to SHY-Passenger Regulations.

Open Ticket:

You can convert your ticket to open ticket via flypgs.com and Pegasus mobile app

- No penalty will be applied when you convert to open ticket.

In line with the SHY-Passenger Regulations due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) published as of 25th of March 2020 , all cancelled flights ticket operations will be done according to the process down below.

samca
25th Apr 2020, 17:50
One broker is asking for pilots for Pegasus. I'm not joking

FBW390
28th Apr 2020, 09:32
One broker is asking for pilots for Pegasus. I'm not joking

Samca, I'm receiving every day many job offers too but I believe they are automatic and planned weeks or months ago. Nobody is hiring now, it's exactly the opposite! Follow the aviation news please!
Unfortunately no hiring expected, until, next season

FBW 390

advent
28th Apr 2020, 14:01
Samca... You need to stop your incessant need to gossip.. Pegasus are not recruiting right now .. The same as any regional or international airline currently operating under an EASA approval.

Pegasus are a wonderful company to work with and have arguably one of the best SOP’s I have had the pleasure to entertain. But for now, like most of the pan Asia-Euro market airlines they are not in any position to undertake anything of the like...
Ad..

Flyingviking2018
28th Apr 2023, 09:59
Seems recruitment is on going. Any recent information regarding the interview, or simulator?

Please, I do not need any negative feedback......

nrizzo98
14th Sep 2023, 09:24
Hi, just applied to Pegasus.
Any info about the airline?
How much time do they take to contact you?

Ilyushin76
17th Sep 2023, 18:52
Heard the Turks do not fancy expats much.

Expats are regularly blamed for the massive unemployment of local pilots.

Ilyushin76
17th Sep 2023, 18:53
Seems recruitment is on going. Any recent information regarding the interview, or simulator?

Please, I do not need any negative feedback......

Positive feedback - recruitment agencies are positively looking for pilots.

Negative feedback - the company and recruiters have a different requirement criteria - unprofessional in my opinion.