PDA

View Full Version : European Flight Academy and the BQ

ansarias
16th Sep 2019, 18:02
Hi everyone,

I want to be thoroughly prepared for the BQ test at the European Flight Academy in October. But I can't afford to shell out 80 euros for the skytest software. Does anyone know of a reasonably-priced alternative that matches the BQ fairly closely?

Does anyone have experience with pilotaptitudetest(.)com ?

Any help is much appreciated!

P40Warhawk
16th Sep 2019, 19:45
Do not safe money on a once in a lifetime opportunity. There must be someone who could lend you the 80 euros.
It is a very good school with at the end a job within LH Group. You will earn the 80 euros back in no time.

The DLR is really hard so you really wanna have the right software for it.

skysthelimit94
17th Sep 2019, 08:29
Get Skytest, you are going to need more than 80 euros to be a pilot. Buy it and hit it hard otherwise I'm sure you will fail... its though **** to pass...

SkyTeam95
17th Sep 2019, 11:09
BQ is not the BU(DLR) and done by interpersonal. The DLR is hard but with a good preparation and a good day easy to pass. If you speak German, you should try the DLR and not the Interpersonal BQ. As Eurowings is not longer looking for new pilots and the first Eurowingscours is currently in Rostock Laage for MEP and many other courses currently in training you should not waste your time with EW. The best way is the MPL Programm because you will get a well better payed Job at Cityline,Austrian and/or Lufthansa. Because Interpersonal has enough people screened they will kick out many people now, and I would say that at the moment it’s more probably to pass the DLR than IP maybe you should think about that too.

thisishomebrand
19th Sep 2019, 09:34
I would highly recommend SkyTest as prep. It will help you be as best prepared as you can be.

BQ is not the BU(DLR) and done by interpersonal. The DLR is hard but with a good preparation and a good day easy to pass. If you speak German, you should try the DLR and not the Interpersonal BQ. As Eurowings is not longer looking for new pilots and the first Eurowings course is currently in Rostock Laage for MEP and many other courses currently in training you should not waste your time with EW. The best way is the MPL Programme because you will get a well better payed Job at Cityline,Austrian and/or Lufthansa. Because Interpersonal has enough people screened they will kick out many people now, and I would say that at the moment it’s more probably to pass the DLR than IP maybe you should think about that too.

I agree that if you can then the DLR is the best option, but if you don't speak German then you are limited to the ATPL and arguments that the pay at one of the legacy carriers will be better. But I would disagree that EW are a waste of time. If you started training now it would be 18 months to two years before you reach the airline and who knows what the pilot requirement will be in two years. Take the example that they are desperate for pilots now and go on a big hiring spree and then come the end of two years they don't need pilots anymore. Also they may have stopped hiring external candidates because they know a course is coming through the EFA and will fill their pilot needs.

At the end of the day, you will go to EFA and come out with good training and if there are no jobs at LH Group then you can go elsewhere.

SkyTeam95
19th Sep 2019, 09:43
Yesterday at a placing event the told theire courses that they should look for a job outside EW because they dont need them anymore.

ansarias
20th Sep 2019, 15:38
How different is the BQ vs the DLR?
I speak some (B1 Level) German, but not enough for a place on the MPL course which is why I have opted for the ATPL.
Regardless of whether they're recruiting or not, the EFA seems to be well regarded as a training provider and I would go for it anyway. Although I appreciate the information.

cloud_surfing
1st Nov 2019, 09:17
How did the assessment go?
I'm thinking about doing mine either this or next month