PDA

View Full Version : LPPT arrival Procedure

Driver 170
15th Sep 2019, 20:05
Hi, Aviation enthusiast here and i’m hoping someone that’s operated into LPPT shed some light on my question please?

My question is regarding the XAMA7D arrival and RNAV 21 approach / Transition PT411

You can see UPKAT shares the same coordinates as PT552 - the FAF for the RNAV 21 approach.

Now if you select also the RNAV 21 Transition in the ARR page of the FMC, it then creates a leg that goes to PT552 and then back 360 turn to PT411

I wonder how its done in real life when pilots program this during the approach setup do they allow the legs page sequence to go to UPKAT clearance limit and then back to PT411 RWY 21 IAF

Doctor Cruces
18th Sep 2019, 14:51
I would suspect the crew would delete any duplicate points before they depart when checking the FMS route/SID/STAR. I know I do on my flight sim. Sometimes have the same problem, would have thought real aircraft would be a bit more sophisticated than my P3D and know what duplicate points are possible on the Transisitins/STARS/APPROACHES.

Alternatively, knowing this possible glitch after studying the app charts, maybe just don't pick the transition as the approach goes over that point anyway?