View Full Version : Brigde CPL H to CPL A

Davies5js
15th Sep 2019, 16:04
Hi folks!

I´m looking for a flight school in EU to do the brigde course from CPL H to CPL A. I found some schools that offer brigde from ATPL H to A, but no from CPL.
Actually I have CPL H with 300h and PPL A with 90h, I want to transition faster I can, so I prefer brigde (5 subjects) than CPL A modular.

If you know a flight school to do it, your advice is welcome!

Thank you in advance!

paco
15th Sep 2019, 16:13
No problem there - we can do that.... TK only.

Davies5js
15th Sep 2019, 16:25
Thank you for quick replay Paco.
Once the course is finished, where have I do the official exam? Can transfer at any partner ATO you show on your web?

rudestuff
15th Sep 2019, 18:57
What are you planning to do with your CPL (A)?

Davies5js
15th Sep 2019, 19:41
I have some offers with medical transport flying King Air and C525. And it will give me time and money while I finished ATPL TK.

rudestuff
15th Sep 2019, 23:06
To get a King air type rating you're going to need an IR(A) then - before your CPL preferably so that you can benefit from the 15 hour course. Why not do the bridging exams at ATPL level then, as you're going to need to do them anyway.

paco
16th Sep 2019, 05:53
You can't bridge from CPL to ATP, you will have to do all the exams again, but as said if you are having to do the IR you may as well do the ATP. You might think of doing the ATP H then bridging to A, then you get an easier ride with M & B and flight planning. The good news is the updraging to ATP H with a CPL means you only have to do 400 hours of study.

Phil

Davies5js
16th Sep 2019, 08:46
I know there is double effort, study CPL and then ATPL, but I can do the brigde course in 3-4 months and the ATPL it will cost much more time to me and I need a job after fire-fighting campaign with B412.
The idea is to do the ME+IR as well.

Thank you guys for your replies

rudestuff
16th Sep 2019, 15:11
The exams are downward creditable so you could take the 5 ATPL bridging subjects, get the CPL issued, then take the remaining 9 subjects at your leisure. Do you have an IR(H) to convert?

Davies5js
16th Sep 2019, 17:05
I don´t have IR Rudestuff. I´m doing ATPL/IR H tk

rudestuff
17th Sep 2019, 16:27
Are you planning on getting an IR (H) as well or something? If you only want an IR (A) you should just do the ATPL (A) exams. If you do ATPL (H) first, you'll still need to do an additional 5 bridging exams.
Either way, get your IR via the IRR and CBIR route - before the CPL. And don't believe any flight school that tells you you need an MEP rating!

rudestuff
17th Sep 2019, 16:31
You don't need 100 hours pic either - but you will need 70 to get a MP type rating.

Davies5js
18th Sep 2019, 11:24
Are you planning on getting an IR (H) as well or something? If you only want an IR (A) you should just do the ATPL (A) exams. If you do ATPL (H) first, you'll still need to do an additional 5 bridging exams.
Either way, get your IR via the IRR and CBIR route - before the CPL. And don't believe any flight school that tells you you need an MEP rating!

Thank you for your interest Rudestuff.
No, I don´t get the IR by now, maybe later when already have the IR A.
I´m more confusing now than a week ago, plan A was ATPL/IR H---bridge ATPL A. But I would need my CPL A asap.

Cheers!