PDA

View Full Version : What is up with all the line check emails?

Air Profit
15th Sep 2019, 10:28
What on earth is going on with all the sudden emails regarding line check requirements? Too much of a coincidence to have nearly all the brass fire off emails at the same time on this subject. In case you management geniuses haven't noticed, no one really gives a flying f@ck anymore about this crap. Certainly not me. I am not going to be interogated while i'm flying an airplane. If I get asked a question, my answer will be "if you look it up i'm sure you can find the answer" :}. Seriously, bugger off with all the drama and pressure. None of us need it anymore. This job is miserable enough as it is thank you.

ACMS
15th Sep 2019, 10:32
What emails?

norfolkungood
16th Sep 2019, 06:05
Uniform in the Simulator is another joke he’s wanting to implement....

AQIS Boigu
16th Sep 2019, 06:08
Is this at KA?

Hugo Peroni the IV
16th Sep 2019, 06:09
Could only be CX airbus!

Is this at KA?

Oasis
16th Sep 2019, 16:50
If the sim instructor wants to bring me food and a coffee too, then we are really pretending.

cxorcist
16th Sep 2019, 16:59
I’m happy to wear the uniform in the sim. It costs me nothing to clean the Company uniform. I pay out of pocket to clean and press my sim duds.

Gnadenburg
17th Sep 2019, 00:26
Is this at KA?

Why would you suggest this is KA ?

KA had one of your pilots sent over a few years ago and we were all gobsmacked by the irrelevance of the methodology and procedures introduced. DPA sent him packing after a few years and some common sense returned to our operation.

Slasher1
17th Sep 2019, 01:33
When I get potentially vexing minutia in email, I always find it useful to consider the source. I spent perhaps 6.9 seconds being upset and vexed, then hit the delete button and all is well with the world.

It used to be more fun when it was on paper in that, rather than hit a delete button, I could wad it up and use it to evaluate my skills in filing it in the circular file where it belonged.

mngmt mole
17th Sep 2019, 03:00
Sounds to me like the Flying Training Management has decided that they need to justify their positions (and be seen to be doing something), so therefore they feel they need to "assert" their authority. What usually results is more of the trainers become disaffected and resign. Several of my colleagues in the TD have told me they aren't going to change a thing, and the management can keep wasting time on "policy" emails. Would be nice if they actually started addressing the real problems in the airline for once. The timing and rather pedantic nature of the emails does make one wonder what has spurred their publication.

Bloated Stomach
17th Sep 2019, 08:07
If the sim instructor wants to bring me food and a coffee too, then we are really pretending.

that was a good one lol let’s make it proper realistic.

YeahNahYeah
17th Sep 2019, 11:06
That'd be a sight to see, SOs madly dragging unmade beds across from the Headland, hospital corners flapping in the breeze in the opposite direction...