PDA

View Full Version : QF PEA letdown

Blitzkrieger
13th Sep 2019, 10:48
Did QF short haul PEA just go down 68% to 32%??

A320 Flyer
14th Sep 2019, 07:43
EBA8 was voted down 68% no to 32% yes

wf747
15th Sep 2019, 01:02
EBA8 was voted down 68% no to 32% yes

What are the main sticking points? That seems to be a definitive “no”

josephfeatherweight
15th Sep 2019, 09:52
I thought this was going to be about a Qantas flight doing an NDB at RAAF Pearce?
Don't mind me...

Flava Saver
15th Sep 2019, 11:00
Definitive No?

Umm, so 1 in 3 voted yes to this. :rolleyes:

Transition Layer
15th Sep 2019, 12:09
I thought this was going to be about a Qantas flight doing an NDB at RAAF Pearce?
Don't mind me...
Now that would be an interesting rumour! :D

ScepticalOptomist
15th Sep 2019, 21:05
Definitive No?

Umm, so 1 in 3 voted yes to this. :rolleyes:

Take the back pay carrot out of the equation and I’d say it would have been 90% NO.
There are LOTS of pilots leaving the SH award and a nice chunk of backpay would have been nice. Self interest normally wins.

Street garbage
15th Sep 2019, 22:05
Don't mind me...
Same same,I was thinking someone did the ILS onto 18L....

Blitzkrieger
16th Sep 2019, 00:35
Backpay will probably stay on the table for future versions of the agreement anyway.

ScepticalOptomist
16th Sep 2019, 01:55
Backpay will probably stay on the table for future versions of the agreement anyway.

I agree, but it is usually used as “sign up” pressure point for the first round..

Beer Baron
16th Sep 2019, 04:47
True, but the further you get through a training year the less people with a ticket out of SH are still there to vote.
I don’t actually think a large portion of guys heading to LH would vote like that but either way it’s a shrinking number every bid period.

Mr Google Head
16th Sep 2019, 05:32
Since there’s a discussion about it....anyone care to post a short summary of the offer that was put to vote?

A320 Flyer
16th Sep 2019, 06:23
True, but the further you get through a training year the less people with a ticket out of SH are still there to vote.
I don’t actually think a large portion of guys heading to LH would vote like that but either way it’s a shrinking number every bid period.

I would imagine with the consistent number of people going through the training system every bid period there is a similar number of eligible voters who are leaving short haul. It’s not as if they train them all at the start of the training year.

Beer Baron
16th Sep 2019, 08:38
I would imagine with the consistent number of people going through the training system every bid period there is a similar number of eligible voters who are leaving short haul.
As the year’s training is allocated in 1 hit prior to the start of the training/financial year you’d have a number of pilots who know they are leaving that year and may want the E.A. sorted before they leave.
Every month that goes by the number of pilots who know they are leaving later that year decreases until all have commenced training. The pipeline doesn’t get replenished until June the following year.

A320 Flyer
16th Sep 2019, 14:21
Let’s hope they vote for the greater good anyway