PDA

View Full Version : IAA Licence to CAA

fly4more
13th Sep 2019, 10:01
Has anyone any experience of converting an IAA EASA issued Licence, to a CAA EASA licence?

I currently have a restriction on the IAA licence regards the rating only being valid for aircraft registered
in my current country. Does this restriction have to be removed before I can convert the licence to a UK CAA
issued licence?

Ive applied for a job in the UK, and the employer will require me to convert my licence. Im presuming its not difficult, but
the CAA can split hairs on the details. Thats why I went Irish a few years ago !

APU_inop
13th Sep 2019, 10:48
Is it restricted to a country outside EASA? Usually you can lift it by making an EASA PC

KingAir1978
13th Sep 2019, 10:53
Would it be an idea to do a LST with your new employer, THEN complete the conversion? Would save you a lot of money...

fly4more
13th Sep 2019, 19:07
Would it be an idea to do a LST with your new employer, THEN complete the conversion? Would save you a lot of money...

Good idea, but I believe most employers require the licence to be converted prior to joining.

Emma Royds
16th Sep 2019, 22:11
I don't see how the rating will prevent you from converting to a UK issued licence, as the UK CAA will simply just issue a licence without the restricted rating, as the UK will not recognise it.

Bear in mind the longer turnaround times for licence issues with the IAA at present, as they are snowed under with people transferring their UK issued licence to an Irish equivalent.