PDA

View Full Version : Smoother skies for Nauru Airlines

witwiw
12th Sep 2019, 06:48
The HR Department has just announced that two senior managers have been advised (quote) that their services with Nauru Airlines are no longer required (unquote).

cyclone8888
12th Sep 2019, 08:54
The HR Department has just announced that two senior managers have been advised (quote) that their services with Nauru Airlines are no longer required (unquote).

Oh how the tide can turn quickly and ferociously... A win for the good guys today.

Wizofoz
12th Sep 2019, 16:41
TJ being one perchance?

zanzibar
12th Sep 2019, 18:01
No, the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Commercial Officer and allegedly with immediate effect.

witwiw
13th Sep 2019, 08:27
Seems there's been a development.
The Nauruan Cabinet has removed the entire board, including Trevor Jensen - now the ex-chairman, although one board member wimped out and resigned before the axe fell. Typical of the fortitude.

I expect there will be MULTIPLE celebrations around the network with this news.

cyclone8888
13th Sep 2019, 09:13
Seems there's been a development.
The Nauruan Cabinet has removed the entire board, including Trevor Jensen - now the ex-chairman, although one board member wimped out and resigned before the axe fell. typical of the fortitude.

I expect there will be MULTIPLE celebrations around the network with this news.

I guess the dinosaur now needs to find some new people to regale with his rubbish “Seven Forty Seven” or “”Seven Sixty Seven” stories. Note - nobody ever believed or wanted to hear the continual self assessment of Chuck Yeageresque tales of bravery and piloting ability we were forced to endure. My ears can now stop bleeding.

“Onwards and Upwards” ;)

ringbinder
13th Sep 2019, 10:24
The general feeling throughout the company is - good riddance. How do I know? Because my 'phone has all but melted down this evening once it became known the axe had fallen.

It must be demoralising to have such an inglorious end and, to boot, not one person will be sorry that they're gone. Not one! Sad pathetic end for TJ,TM and RM.

The airline has had some challenges in the past - losing their sole aircraft to the banks at one stage was just one - but the challenges this inept management have brought upon the airline are significant. Without them now, though, things will improve.

What the outgoing management failed to recognise was the dedication and loyalty that most long standing employees have to Nauru and all things Nauruan. Had they harnessed that resource then the outcome may have been different - and they'd still possibly have their jobs. But they knew best and squandered years of knowledge and expertise they could have drawn upon - poor, arrogant fools them.

Is this similar to what happened to the airline in Mynamar under jensen (lower case - he likes that, it's kitzy) or the one the former CCO was involved in in Laos. Both failures despite DJ or RM knowing best? Laughable.

But they'll survive - AA Nova can continue to offer hopeful Myanmarese locals a future as a flight attendant (at significant training costs, of course) and DK Jennings (aka RM) can offer sponsorship at aviation seminars to the benefit of, hmmm, whom?

witwiw
13th Sep 2019, 12:06
Here you go, facts:-

Some good people there that have,and for for a long time have had, the interests of the airline foremost. Great to see a Nauruan chairman unlike previous ones whose interests were not those necessarily aligned with the interests of Nauru.

Friday 13th, unlucky for some but otherwise for many at ON.

Frightflyer
14th Sep 2019, 09:56
I wonder who is the new Chief pilot....

tail wheel
14th Sep 2019, 20:26
The previous Air Nauru thread was removed after receiving emails demanding user details - which were ignored - the attached document was received by email.

The odd part was that it appears the document was never served on the US based site publishers. The document was also ignored but thread removed to protect our users against possible risk.

It is an extremely expensive, time consuming and difficult to obtain the details sought by an applicant outside the USA.

PPRuNe actively seeks to protect user anonymity.

Tail Wheel

witwiw
14th Sep 2019, 22:31
I wonder who is the new Chief pilot....

No new Chief Pilot, there was a planned succession earlier this year.

The only ones gone are the chairman, chief commercial officer and chief operating officer - all are considered responsible for the toxic atmosphere that developed and the huge staff turnover since they arrived and is why the Nauru Government took the action it did.

Owen Cervives
14th Sep 2019, 23:24
Hmm, a court order - vindictive?

down3gr33ns
14th Sep 2019, 23:41
I wonder if the upcoming forensic accounts audit will look at whose money paid for that court order. It'd be logical for it to be recovered from any applicant who used company money to pursue a personal action.

I wonder at what other spending the upcoming forensic accounts audit will look at? Fuel onsales, perhaps?

I can't imagine matters like that wouldn't be investigated - and maybe it is already underway ;)

A37575
15th Sep 2019, 04:38
I have been asked to place the following comment on behalf of Maurie Baston who was deputy chief pilot and one of the first four crews recruited during the start up of Air Nauru in the 1970's.

Quote: "I am feeling a bit ordinary but well enough to make couple of comments re the latest sad news of Air Nauru/Nauru Airlines etc..
As a founding member when we had little to nothing for support, the airline flourished operationally. We had camaraderie and respect for all involved ...Nauru folk and expats.

We all make our own reputations and Karma will always return in some way and to me it was thus predictable when one observed the happenings over the last couple of years. Of all things...”advice”..... is easy to come by but good advice is priceless.......as we see in the successes and failure of the aviation’s past. I feel for the execs who are left with the mess, some of whom were children when we first operated. However, determination, loyalty and kindness to each other will win the day. Phoenix Rises!!!
Unquote.

witwiw
15th Sep 2019, 08:47
Fuel onsales, perhaps? Interesting, like as in a go-between buying the fuel and re-selling it to the airline? Does that happen?

Word otherwise is it that in places like Myanmar, Laos, the Philippines, Thailand and elsewhere, one way of supplementing your salary is to take some payments in cash and not worry about all that messy PAYG stuff. I wouldn’t expect it has happened here, that would be terrible, and no self-respecting consultant would subscribe to any “black economy”.

Owen Cervives
16th Sep 2019, 02:06
I have just finished reading last week's City Beat in the Courier Mail. I like the last bit where Tony Middleton says "we've done the best we could".
If that's the case and having learned of the goings-on in the airline then I can understand why everyone is overjoyed at the departures.

cyclone8888
16th Sep 2019, 22:05
The whole board of Nauru Airlines has been turfed out, deepening the crisis which has engulfed the Brisbane-based carrierThe entire board of a Brisbane-based airline has been turfed, intensifying a crisis which has seen a huge exodus of staff and allegations of a corporate dysfunction over the past year.

Anthony Marx, The Courier-Mail
Subscriber only
|
September 16, 2019 7:56pmhttps://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/b61e31bf2234db6448f54a8eccd8d7a1?width=1024New head of Nauru Airlines board Kieren Keke.TURFED OUT

THE entire board of Nauru Airlines has been turfed out, deepening the crisis which has engulfed the Brisbane-based carrier.

The new government in Nauru approved a cabinet submission on Friday to revoke the appointments of embattled chairman Trevor Jensen, his vice-chairman and five other directors.

A sixth director, Gold Coast-based John Peterson, resigned with immediate effect.

A new six-member board, headed by politician Kieren Keke, a Queensland-trained medical doctor and former Foreign Affairs Ministers in Nauru, has filled the void and been tapped for four-year terms.

The dramatic overhaul (on a Friday the 13th no less!) follows the ouster a day earlier of chief operating officer Tony Middleton and chief commercial officer Richard Miller by acting CEO Geoff Bowmaker.https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/b61e31bf2234db6448f54a8eccd8d7a1?width=1024New head of Nauru Airlines board Kieren Keke.Not surprisingly, the sweeping reorganisation prompted an outpouring of relief from current and former employees, who allege that Jensen, Middleton and Miller presided over a deeply dysfunctional corporate culture that prompted an exodus of talent since early last year.

They have previously denied those allegations but none of them returned calls seeking comment yesterday.

“The staff reaction has been amazing. There is now a sense of optimism that had long disappeared under the three,’’ one insider told us.

FROM OUR PARTNERS https://www.news.com.au/wp-content/themes/vip/newscorpau-nca/assets/dist/img/common/icons/offnet-icon.svg

Opinions you can’t ignore. Peta Credlin 6pm weeknights on Sky News. For more (https://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/pcs/click%253Fxai%253DAKAOjsuz0zdVEvnxTwpsplHNKeZsDUy3VF3BfAnm_u _KUHPTxMQWWShbD_jQej8TTdf_lN5gA7QhPs5rdtES2YIedAoSZWn13u0pEz s4XhHzyyiZm0NrcHRCU8qzjUDeuke-0o8NzICx7NW8z1c0LDwdg0WEYwQpzSLxFWY8SjK2Z4Sv5DeMn9IR59v3m75C hI16pdaGApLkSAhGHuWXWaYEhf3MvKXieaQsg3s3izAiUUhCuJSr3n57ahNE EG7hcH89hhlNX4JFVmC1cUIxNZoX3BTiSsvUyzPv%2526sai%253DAMfl-YRScmXSKCMr4DEGClmP-nj5p-ntKC2W1lREMhuvZw6V-o1ePoegVD8OW0XjsIrxsR1TG-YU1IHjt7QVFvBVG-lIcCnv2_ghPDWnfig4YPA3aowGsbc5OVy7h9dTAIJolteYoViTXBoPMRAJQI J-fZWheSoZFQ%2526sig%253DCg0ArKJSzGEb1PTUgoObEAE%2526urlfix%25 3D1%2526adurl%253Dhttps://www.skynews.com.au/page/viewpoint)“No-one underestimates the damage that has been done but the enthusiasm is there to get the airline back on track.’’

Another staffer observed that “the general feeling throughout the company is good riddance’’.

“How do I know? Because my phone has all but melted down…once it became known the axe had fallen’’.SPENDING AUDIT THE arrival of a swag of new faces at loss-making Nauru Airlines is hardly the end of it.

A review panel appointed by the country’s new president, Lionel Aingimea, has launched an audit of all the spending by Jensen and other company executives.

One City Beat spy said “eye watering” amounts had been squandered on legal action by the former chairman, much of it allegedly without approval from the rest of the board or the government.

“Auditors are looking very closely at the bills to determine which should be deemed legitimate company expenses and which are personal, discretionary spending,’’ our source reports.https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/b7b8c5c1aef45e923e686d59a6f1c1af?width=1024Nauru Airlines former chairman Trevor JensenIn just one case, huge sums were committed to determine who was posting harsh criticisms of Jensen to an online pilots chat site.

This fruitless exercise included a Brisbane law firm hiring a process server in the US in a bid to track down a web company and force it to reveal IP addresses. Depend-ing on the outcome of the investigation, Jensen may have to pay back a substantial sum to the airline and, if he refuses, legal action could ensue to force the issue.

Eyebrows have also been raised about that aforementioned Brisbane law firm, where one of the partners who was tasked with defending the airline from workplace complaints was, at the same time, dating someone who had lodged a bullying claim against it.STILL IN LIMBOAS this big hot mess unfolds, there are plenty of players still dangling in limbo.

Among them is former CEO Peter Sheehan, who was suspended in May.

Sheehan is in the process of launching a legal challenge to his removal and declined to comment yesterday.

Things are also likely to become pretty uncomfortable for Nauru pollie David Adeang, who previously had oversight of the airline but appears to have done little to clean it up.TAKING POTSHOTSMEANWHILE, critics apparently sympathetic to the old regime have taken potshots at the new chairman, Dr Keke, for lacking aviation and commercial experience.

They claim he is better versed in sports thanks to his role as head of Nauru Rugby Union and have already alleged he is pondering plans to cut the workforce and trim the flight schedule.

Also coming in for criticism is Bowmaker, who they allege “brings a number of conflicts with him’’.

He disputed this as baseless yesterday.

Mike_Hunt
16th Sep 2019, 23:03
"Never invest where the palm trees grow."

Burleigh Effect
17th Sep 2019, 00:14
According to Pohnpei Surf Club - via the gram - from late Sep Nuaru Airlines will be the only carrier servicing Pohnpei from late Sep (once weekly).

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2fYPqpntmS/?hl=en

foam
17th Sep 2019, 01:23
According to Pohnpei Surf Club - via the gram - from late Sep Nuaru Airlines will be the only carrier servicing Pohnpei from late Sep (once weekly).

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2fYPqpntmS/?hl=en

Burleigh - I thought this sounded a bit strange, so I went and had a look.

Pohnpei Surf Club state that from late September, Nauru Airlines will NO LONGER be flying to Pohnpei, so all the load from Australia will go to Air Niugini, with its smaller aircraft...

United will still be servicing it as well.

Burleigh Effect
17th Sep 2019, 04:30
Burleigh - I thought this sounded a bit strange, so I went and had a look.

Pohnpei Surf Club state that from late September, Nauru Airlines will NO LONGER be flying to Pohnpei, so all the load from Australia will go to Air Niugini, with its smaller aircraft...

United will still be servicing it as well.

Thanks Foam, right you are. Apologies for the duff gen (just as well this is a rumour forum).

With luck my folly should be a timely reminder of double checking, and the importance of a second coffee.

Cheers

BE

zanzibar
17th Sep 2019, 10:15
Haven't seen any announcements from the airline.

Just had a look at their booking website, was able to determine there was the ability to book a flight from Tarawa to Pohnpei on 28th November (and each week prior to that from Sept. end)

Has the Surf Club got it wrong?

Paragraph377
17th Sep 2019, 10:47
Tsk tsk tsk. Captain Ansett always seems to leave a trail of destruction behind him wherever he goes - QF, Ansett, Toll Aviation, Jetstar, Air Nauru, FMI Myanmar and a plethora of other little oddbobs and tidbit organisations. Root cause analysis - always Trevor.

Where to next for the 707 pilot? Won’t be QF while Alan is there. Maybe VA - they have a history of hiring complete idiots within the management ranks, so I’m sure they could find a slot for him. Or perhaps another tinpot outfit, perhaps in Alaska, Siberia or Iceland?

Farewell Angry Man. Don’t bang the door on the way out.

flying-spike
18th Sep 2019, 02:45
Tsk tsk tsk. Captain Ansett always seems to leave a trail of destruction behind him wherever he goes - QF, Ansett, Toll Aviation, Jetstar, Air Nauru, FMI Myanmar and a plethora of other little oddbobs and tidbit organisations. Root cause analysis - always Trevor.

Where to next for the 707 pilot? Won’t be QF while Alan is there. Maybe VA - they have a history of hiring complete idiots within the management ranks, so I’m sure they could find a slot for him. Or perhaps another tinpot outfit, perhaps in Alaska, Siberia or Iceland?

Farewell Angry Man. Don’t bang the door on the way out.
Perhaps he will be bidding for phone throwing to become an Olympic sport! Perhaps the Screaming Skull could get him a gig at CX as a training aid or CRM oracle? Can you imagine those two in the same cockpit, it would be like the famous scene out of “The High and the Mighty”!

Pacific Wings
18th Sep 2019, 03:25
All the huff and puff on this site is interesting as too is the recent management letter telling us that we are going to be a “family airline” with not so many Board meeting.

But what about safety and in particular, the shortage of pilots and fatigue!!

On the 12 June 2015, Nauru Airlines had a very serious occurrence at Kosrae when the flight crew did not complete the approach checklist before commencing the NDB approach. As a result the barometric pressure setting on the altimeters was not set to the local QNH (1007 hPa). During the approach, at night and in IMC, the aircraft descended below MDA. Three EGPWS ‘too low terrain’ alerts were triggered but the crew did not respond to the first two EGPWS alerts and correct the flight profile further eroding terrain clearance. A go-around was performed prior to the aircraft reaching the missed approach point however, during the go-around the airspeed was allowed decayed further endangering the aircraft.

An ATSB contributing factor to this near disaster was the CAPTAIN’S FATIGUE. At that time, we had over 30 pilots.

In its report (AO-2015-066) the ATSB noted that, “This occurrence highlights the importance of flight crews declaring any instances of acute fatigue and stress-inducing circumstances that may have an impact on their flying performance.”

Today we have the same 5 aircraft and we are doing more flying - but with just 18 pilots.

That is correct, WE HAVE A CURRENT TOTAL PILOT STRENGHT IN NAURU AIRLINES OF 18, or, 1.8 crews per aircraft!!!

We operate in a hostile environment and are being rostered to FDT limits consistently, particularly on the Air Vanuatu services. We are all doing the right thing by helping the company out on days off, but like so many of my colleagues, I am feeling stressed; If we don’t work, we are being told services will have to be cancelled. We are carrying more MELs and we still cannot trust Ops Control to provide error free information.

I love my job, but I am fatigued.

CASA has just completed an audit and must be aware of this situation. And the problem is not limited to the pilots. Engineers and cabin crew are also complaining about shortages and fatigue. Do we have to have another Kosrae?

I AM DECLARING THAT NAURU AIRLINES:

· HAS NOT LEARNT ANY LESSONS FROM KOSRAE;

· HAS A SHORTAGE OF OPERATIONAL STAFF;

· IS APPLYING SUBLE PRESSURE ON PILOTS TO FLY ON DAYS OFF;

· HAS AN ACUTE FATIGUE PROBLEM IN THE COMPANY NOW.

IMHO, CASA, being aware of this problem, should immediately suspend the Nauru Airlines’ AOC until:

1. There are sufficient pilots to operate the flying program;

2. There are sufficient LAMEs/AMEs to service the fleet;

3. There are sufficient cabin crew to operate the flying program;

4. All fatigue issues are addressed and a FRMS is implemented not intimated; and

5. All Ops Control staff are qualified and assessed as competent.

dodo whirlygig
18th Sep 2019, 05:09
perhaps in Alaska, Siberia or Iceland?

Hmmm, cold places and I don't think anyone from the FORMER Burma who would MISS Yangon and long for the warmth of MYANMAR would enjoy going there.

Paragraph377
18th Sep 2019, 07:35
You should see him........now!

Perhaps TJ can take up boxing, take on Jeff Horn? Good way to get rid of those angry pent up emotions. Otherwise, what about CASA for the big angry man? As Spike said, he would give the Screaming Skull a run for his money, and I don’t think he has done a stint with the Regulator yet. A lot of has-been pilots, ex B707 types see out there last few years in semi-retirement at the Regulator, so it’s a great concept.

‘Teejay, one of the worlds greatest airline pilots‘

flying-spike
18th Sep 2019, 07:38
You should see him........now!

Perhaps TJ can take up boxing, take on Jeff Horn? Good way to get rid of those angry pent up emotions. Otherwise, what about CASA for the big angry man? As Spike said, he would give the Screaming Skull a run for his money, and I don’t think he has done a stint with the Regulator yet. A lot of has-been pilots, ex B707 types see out there last few years in semi-retirement at the Regulator, so it’s a great concept.

‘Teejay, one of the worlds greatest airline pilots‘
Just ask him!

down3gr33ns
18th Sep 2019, 11:01
From the article in Post 17:

One City Beat spy said “eye watering” amounts had been squandered on legal action by the former chairman, much of it allegedly without approval from the rest of the board or the government. Those “eye watering amounts” mentioned in the recent newspaper article are supposedly north of $30,000. Did the EX-chairman think he’d get away with allegedly spending company money on non-company legal efforts? Those Pprune posters must have really got under his nose but I guess he never imagined he’d run out of protection from certain individuals in the then Nauruan government. Does it make you wonder why he had that protection? I know there are many who do.

witwiw
18th Sep 2019, 21:34
Pacific Wings;

If your points are correct, they all stem from the management that has just been given the boot. I anticipate that the new management will soon put in place things that will mitigate some of the things you comment on - e.g. reducing the amount of flying by getting rid of the under-performing routes started by the previous Chairman and his buddies.

I see some flaws in your argument:-

1. There are sufficient pilots to operate the flying program;
Are flights being cancelled and, if they are, is it because of a shortage of crew? I’ve heard of one or two only, something that was exacerbated by illness. If they’re not being cancelled it stands to reason that there are sufficient to operate the planned flying.

2. There are sufficient LAMEs/AMEs to service the fleet;
So, how are aircraft getting signed out. That there allegedly aren't "sufficient LAMEs/AMEs to service the fleet” would indicate the required work isn’t getting completed. Is that your suggestion? It's a serious allegation.

3. There are sufficient cabin crew to operate the flying program;
Isn’t it correct that the AirVan flying is done with local crew? That doesn’t leave all that much flying to be done by Nauruan crew?

4. All fatigue issues are addressed and a FRMS is implemented not intimated
Are pilots putting in fatigue reports (including you)? If not how can the company deal with any such issue? Also, if not, pilots mustn’t consider themselves fatigued. You have a reporting opportunity through the safety system as well as top-of-descent data collection which I understand is getting minimal response. That hardly indicates serious fatigue concern generally.There have already been changes made to the schedule to address some issues that were highlighted by the audit. Hasn’t that jelled with you as to why those changes took place? FRMS is a work in progress but until that arrives CAO48.0 Exemption is relevant – is that being broken?

You’ve conveniently omitted mentioning that there are 6 pilots currently doing their line training which will improve the pilot/aircraft ratio. I also understand more are in the pipeline and will commence soon.

5. All Ops Control staff are qualified and assessed as competent.
Are your alleged issues with the Ops Control people safety related? If so, have they been brought to attention with the company and CASA ?There is the availability of confidential reporting, you know.

As for flying on days off, that is up to the pilots to decide to accept or not if they are asked – don’t accept if you consider yourself fatigued and, if flights are cancelled, then so be it. Won't that highlight your allegations? You mention the recent CASA audit. That was done under the previous management and their practices and they would have uncovered your alleged shortcomings if they existed - CASA were well aware of concerns with the Jensen team and would have been thorough. The audit report would have mentioned any problems as NCNs and, if they did, the company would have to respond to CASA’s satisfaction. Nothing you have mentioned would have developed in the last little period but the new management has to deal with these circumstances as inherited from the ousted management.

"carrying more MELs"
Carrying an MEL is at pilot discretion (I thought you would have known that as an alleged pilot). If they're being accepted then what is there to complain about?

-

zanzibar
18th Sep 2019, 22:14
What have YOU done, Pacific Wings, to get the issues addressed?

You profess to ”love my job” and by implication your company but you are doing a very good job of undermining them by overtly airing your grievances. That’s hardly being loyal.

Your post smacks more more like something from someone with an axe to grind. Former management, perhaps?

Pacific Wings
18th Sep 2019, 22:27
Zanzibar, you are right I will submit the matter to ATSB

foam
18th Sep 2019, 23:52
At that time, we had over 30 pilots.

In its report (AO-2015-066) the ATSB noted that, “This occurrence highlights the importance of flight crews declaring any instances of acute fatigue and stress-inducing circumstances that may have an impact on their flying performance.”

Today we have the same 5 aircraft and we are doing more flying - but with just 18 pilots.

That is correct, WE HAVE A CURRENT TOTAL PILOT STRENGHT IN NAURU AIRLINES OF 18, or, 1.8 crews per aircraft!!!

Funny stuff... I just happen to have the full list right here in front of me - 16 Captains and 15 First Officers (including trainees). Even if you don't include the trainees, I have no idea where your 18 comes from! Fudging figures to suit your own agenda yet again? :=

zanzibar
19th Sep 2019, 21:35
Zanzibar, you are right I will submit the matter to ATSB

Good, pundit, that you've decided to be proactive however, try to get it right and go to CASA - they are the regulatory authority and not the ATSB. As a pilot I thought you would have known that.

Don't you think the recent audit would have found out the things you raise or are you suggesting the audit was lacking?

Otherwise, it's interesting you don't reply to where your points have been challenged or questions asked about them.

B772
20th Sep 2019, 02:01
Paragraph 377. You left out Aer Lingus, Philippine Airlines and I think Jet Airways.

Paragraph377
20th Sep 2019, 05:16
Thanks B772, in all of the excitement I forgot a few places where Captain Ansett worked. It’s quite difficult keeping up with such a sought after commodity such as Teejay and all of the places that have been graced by his presence. I have also been told that he possibly did do a stint at CASA but it was very very brief. That will have to remain a rumour for now as I can’t confirm it.

Now that he has had to ‘go his own way’ I’m not sure where he will end up next, but will it be in the airline industry - Absolutely!

cyclone8888
20th Sep 2019, 20:48
Thanks B772, in all of the excitement I forgot a few places where Captain Ansett worked. It’s quite difficult keeping up with such a sought after commodity such as Teejay and all of the places that have been graced by his presence. I have also been told that he possibly did do a stint at CASA but it was very very brief. That will have to remain a rumour for now as I can’t confirm it.

Don’t you mean CARZA?? :}

Paragraph377
20th Sep 2019, 23:50
Don’t you mean CARZA?? :}

My bad, almost forgot about that - CARZA. Silly pompous way to pronounce CASA. Brett Godfrey is another one who would say ‘CARZA’. Not sure why. Most aviation folk just call CASA ‘fu#kwits’. And I don’t recall Teejay calling Ansett ‘Arnsett’. Perhaps it’s just a speech impediment caused by tight underpants, hairplugs and high blood pressure?

Teejay....Absolutley

down3gr33ns
21st Sep 2019, 06:00
And then there’s Aergo, teejay thought it was pronounced “ergo” �� It’s as in “Air-go” teejay, the owners and operators of that business should know.
Aergo was the charter broker sending work around $15m a year to the airline before teejay and the buffoons alienated them and lost work from them. The airline’s own attempts to chase charter work independently were completely unsuccessful. Nobody was surprised but, of course, teejay and his cronies knew best!!!

witwiw
21st Sep 2019, 12:54
Pacific Wings, are you sure you are being rostered to FTDL limits "particularly on the Air Vanuatu services"?

An opportunity to examine the schedule and relevant duty sheets showed the longest rostered duty is VLI-AKL-VLI-BNE on a Wednesday. Duty starts at 0050Z (11:50 local) and finishes at 1345Z (23:45 local) - just on 13 hours. That is rostered as a three-man crew and is preceded by the Tuesday being completely off after having arrived in VLI at 11:50am (local) on Monday following a single BNE-VLI sector. Hardly seems onerous to me.

The next longest rostered duty is VLI-NAN-VLI-BNE on a Friday. Duty total is less than ten hours (start at 0410Z and end at 1345Z) - a two-man crew for three sectors. Do you really find that arduous? Of course, delays sometimes happen to increase the rostered duty but that is part of aviation.

All other rostered duties on the NF flying are less in both time and sectors and although rest opportunities between successive duties have to be considered, they don't appear to be anywhere near minimum rest.

Your beef about the NF flying would gain some credibility if you gave some examples of where you "are being rostered to FTD limits consistently, particularly on the Air Vanuatu services" but, keep in mind if you do, there are some on here who will be able to verify or, more than likely, refute them.

As a matter of interest, the odd Brisbane-Nauru-Brisbane return is a longer duty (almost eleven hours and thirty minutes) but only two sectors - but how often do you do one of those? It's often only one way then get off.

The latest version of the schedule with all the changes is even kinder so it would appear the company is addressing matters slowly and your grievances evaporating. Good luck with the ATSB (or even CASA).

Finally, a check of the records shows that in June 2015 there were 22 pilots on the books, not "At that time, we had over 30 pilots." Of those 22, two were on alternating month-on/month-off rosters (reducing that 22 to effectively 21) and one pilot was casual. I challenge you to name the 30 plus pilots you claim were there, I can name the 22.

Like someone said - former employee with an axe to grind and not letting any facts get in the way of their agenda.

sheppey
21st Sep 2019, 13:54
just on 13 hours. That is rostered as a three-man crew
With a three-man crew in the 737 Classic does the third pilot sleep/rest in the jump seat? Or rest among the passengers in the cabin?

witwiw
21st Sep 2019, 23:37
Sheppey,

Valid question and the answer is found in CASA's Instrument EX48/18, Part II, para 2.3.3

In a nutshell, 14 hours max rostered duty for three-crew and rest can be where the "crew has access .....to a comfortable seat in the passenger compartment".

A Business class seat is assigned for this purpose.

witwiw
21st Sep 2019, 23:52
Now that he has had to ‘go his own way’ I’m not sure where he will end up next, but will it be in the airline industry - Absolutely!

And from his current Linkedin a/c:-

"Aviation Management Consultant".

Hope that goes well for him, none too impressive a track record from the posts here.

ringbinder
24th Sep 2019, 10:16
teajay got obsessed in trying to discover who Pacific Spy (plus others) was and spent a lot of company money (according to the Courier Mail City Beat article last week) on a personal legal action. Ironic when he was often heard saying “Pprune is without credit”, “is nothing but rumours” and, he “doesn’t read it anyway” – was he telling porkies? No, not teejay – never!!! Well …………………..

He was heard in the office voicing his opinion as to who Pacific Spy was/is. Word is that he targeted a specific individual (the one with a corner named after him near the threshold of Runway 30 on Nauru) and had an IT team going through his emails in minute detail looking for leaks to confirm his suspicions. That was before he and his team lost administration rights to the company email server. He must think people are idiots if he believes anyone would use company emails for such activities however the ability to think rationally is often lost if you are consumed with an obsession. The money was ill-spent because his prime suspect is not and never was Pacific Spy.

Bad luck teajay – it must be SO frustrating that your vendetta came to an end. Pacific Spy was never there to have been sacked/driven out/intimidated or 'sent on indefinite leave' etc. but he was very close to some of those you trusted but who also had no faith in you and certainly no loyalty.

What’d Owen C say – vindictive?

PacificSpyRedux
24th Sep 2019, 21:36
I wish to inform all that while their posts remain for all to see, PacificSpy has retired and removed themselves from the PPRUNE Forums, however, PacificSpyRedux is here to stay.

With his recent arrival on Pprune and his assertions along with the hate emails being sent by "Flying Knight" to everyone at the airline, it's hard not to imagine PW and FN are the one and same.

Anyway, I've done a bit of asking around and come up with this:-

"We operate in a hostile environment" maybe, but not as tough as a Cat3, Auto-Land according to teajay - said a million times to anyone unfortunate enough to be in earshot.

Re the Kosrae incident - having got themselves in that position, the crew carried out a go-round unlike another operator's accident at TKK.

"I love my job but am fatigued". If you bothered to put in a fatigue report, you would find you'd be treated like others who have, had their concerns acted upon and not received a negative response. I challenge you to show that anyone has.

Requiring that "All fatigue issues are addressed and a FRMS is implemented not intimated" . The staff have been trying to get an FRMS up-and-running. The rushed implementation of Zapways without meaningful consultation with those who had to use it, and especially without consulting the Fatigue Group, resulted in delays. Zapways was inadequate and could not communicate with the proposed fatigue model until barely a few weeks ago. This was despite, months ago, requests being made to management to link the programs - the requests weren't acted upon by management probably because there were too many other issues being sorted with Zapways. For the record, a draft FRMS Manual had been written and put into CASA based on the different software the company was using before Zapways was forced onto everyone. The new management are progressively fixing all the problems inherited from the teajay management team. CASA are well aware of these issues and precisely where they stem from - I've been privy to an email where CASA "acknowledge there has been substantive disruption in Nauru Airlines over the past 18 months ....."

Pilot numbers - a really clumsy and amateurish attempt to distort the situation (another similarity between PW and FN). I've checked the numbers also and FOAM is right on the money - 31. On a daily basis lets allow a couple of management pilots from that 31, a couple away doing sim (not every day but we'll be conservative and apply it that way), a couple on leave, a checkie out doing line/sim checks and 4 on D/O's then you have 20 available pilots. Pretty close to your 18 - but, you intentionally present it out of context.

I have been shown the current schedule and those for the last numbers of weeks. The weekly flying shown on them is all less than 180 hours week and I'm told this is the case pretty consistently since teajay and his team lost the QF freight work.

180 hours per week rostered amongst 10 sets of crew (20 pilots) is not particularly busy and hardly chronic fatigue inducing work. I concede that individual patterns can potentially be rostered to FTDL's but not on the regular or consistent basis you seem to suggest. It simply can't be with 10 sets of crew and 180 hours a week and the number of aircraft in the fleet is totally irrelevant, the hours being flown is what is relevant. Nice try, PW, but discredited - again.

As others have mentioned, management of fatigue is a joint responsibility and if you are going to work fatigued then do you consider yourself professional? Ceetainly doesn't look like it.

tail wheel
24th Sep 2019, 22:49
Life is never boring being a PPRuNe Mod!! :}

On 9 Aug 2019, at 18:42, Trevor Jensen <[email protected]> wrote:Dear tail wheel

Thank you for your response. I note the thread was removed from public view but the thread, and all of the posts, are now again visible. This is of serious concern to me.

I attach a sealed copy of the Order made by the Supreme Court of Queensland on 7 August 2019. An unsealed copy of the Order, with confirmation it was made by the Court, has been served on MH Sub I, LLC, by email to [email protected] and delivery to its corporate headquarters in California. If there is an alternative email address or method which should be utilised to bring the Order to the urgent attention of the Forum, please let me know urgently.

Failure to comply with the order may cause a person to be in contempt of Court. Please take the appropriate action to remove the thread from public view.

Regards Trevor
On 8 Aug 2019, at 10:21, tail wheel <[email protected]> wrote:
Trevor

The Nauru thread has been temporarily removed pending confirmation of a legal challenge.

There is no record of Service upon the PPRuNe organization or the site publisher. I am awaiting advise today from the Court Registrar of your alleged Application and Orders. Please forward a copy of the alleged Orders so we may take appropriate action.

TW

mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Dear tail wheel

I am Trevor Jensen. I have applied to the Supreme Court of Queensland for orders preventing the publication of posts on PPRuNe which defame me. The Court has made orders, relevantly, to the following effect:

1. The forum is restrained, until such further or other order of this Court, from publishing, or causing or permitting to be published, posts numbered 1, 2, 13, 16, 24, 39, 41, 46, 64, 67, 74, 75, 89 in the thread titled "Turbulent times at Nauru Airlines" in the Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific sub-forum.

2. The forum is restrained, until such further or other order of this Court, from publishing, or causing or permitting to be published, any posts which are to substantially the same effect as the posts referred to above, or which otherwise defame me.

Copies of the formal orders issued by the Court are being served on the forum operator, MH Sub I, LLC. Failure to comply with the orders may result in the forum operator being held in contempt of Court.

Accordingly, would you please remove the posts referred to above from public view, as well as any other posts to the same effect, and ensure users of the forum do not continue to make posts which defame me, whether in the "Turbulent times at Nauru Airlines" thread or otherwise.

Please also refer this notice to the forum administrator. Any questions can be directed to my solicitor, Harry Nicolaidis of K&L Gates, by email to [email protected].

Regards tj

And that whilst also fending off requests to remove certain information on Glenb's thread............

down3gr33ns
25th Sep 2019, 02:22
Thanks TW.

Having access to the deleted thread otherwise, I re-read the posts numbered in the court order. I don't know what he is on about and struggle to see what's defamatory (point 2). I guess, though, when your feelings are hurt you take things out of all context.

witwiw
25th Sep 2019, 05:24
https://jessicamudditt.com/2015/08/17/the-clouds-below/ (https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fjessicamudditt.com%2f2015%2f08%2f17%2fth e-clouds-below%2f&c=E,1,eMgYeCfIBeHQZcn0hiLEiita_B_JW168YVX_CfmAVh6rGvoA56-AwsZK2bFBTAyqX2i-fv_vzPONqwokgUIrhkW_MXT_d2LHoLXOjs8sdR5b&typo=1)

with the ambition of becoming “the region’s premier airline,”

Even the phrases at ON weren't entirely new.

"Premier airline"? Didn't work there and wasn't working here.

Welcome PSR. I have a correction for you, though:-

Two pilots are about to finish up (1 Captain retiring and 1 F/O to greener pastures) so that reduces the effective numbers to 18 - Pathetic Whinger's figure. That is, 9 sets.

I guess he's really onto the fatigue issue with only 9 sets to manage 180 hours flying/week :rolleyes:. Maybe we should listen to him? Then again, after a nano-second's thought - NAH!!

Paragraph377
25th Sep 2019, 10:23
Very disrespectful of Herr Teejay. He called Tailwheel, ‘tail wheel’. That is incorrect. Then Captain Ansett signed off his message with ‘TJ’. C’mon Trevor, get your emotions in check. If your staff, or should that be ‘ex-staff’ were treated fairly and with dignity and decency, they wouldn’t have written a thread about you where all of the alleged dirty little secrets have being spilled. If there was no fire there would be no smoke. What goes around comes around Teejay. Karma. It seems that your ‘mates’ at the executive level have sold you out and been letting out all of the secrets and exposing your dirty line. Tsk tsk tsk.

‘Absolutely’

zanzibar
26th Sep 2019, 01:02
PW and FN, your silence is deafening with your inability or reluctance to answer the questions your asked and where you're been challenged.

I guess the claims lacking credibility or substance might have a bit to do with that. Too many examples of where you were wrong must be embarrassing.

down3gr33ns
26th Sep 2019, 10:47
One door closes, another one opens. Might be looking for some competent managers :rolleyes:

FMI Air (http://www.fmiair.com/)

PacificSpyRedux
30th Sep 2019, 10:34
I was in Melbourne for the Grand Final weekend (a disappointing result but GWS will be back. The Roosters, though, a happier story) and wandered down into enemy territory in Richmond for drinks and food after the game. The place was buzzing, Swan St more than Bridge St but there we stumbled across a restaurant called “Three Idiots”.It had been my intention to have a weekend not thinking about anything to do with aviation…………………………. that ruined it.

dodo whirlygig
1st Oct 2019, 05:43
:D:ok:

You can add the Three Stooges Restaurant in Ontario, Canada, to that list.

Pinky the pilot
1st Oct 2019, 07:59
You can add the Three Stooges Restaurant in Ontario, Canada, to that list.

Errmm...but at least The Three Stooges were a funny and entertaining bunch of wacky blokes.:ok::=

Paragraph377
1st Oct 2019, 11:43
I would have thought that The Angry Moose would also be somewhere that teejay frequents;

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.zomato.com/perth/the-angry-moose-mt-lawley%3famp=1

I wonder how his aviation consulting is going? Someone need an Ops Controller or a temporary ARO? Maybe some linemarking needs doing at a regional airport, or perhaps BAC need an additional trolley collector inside the terminals?

dodo whirlygig
1st Oct 2019, 21:50
Errmm...but at least The Three Stooges were a funny and entertaining bunch of wacky blokes

Disagree, I always saw the Three Stooges as bumbling fools going from crisis to crisis without any workable plans.

p.s. a look at the Angry Moose website shows that it is permanently closed - is that similar to where the airline was heading?

down3gr33ns
2nd Oct 2019, 02:51
some linemarking needs doing at a regional airport, or perhaps BAC need an additional trolley collector

however, both are jobs that need doing properly ......................................... just saying.

PacificSpyRedux
18th Oct 2019, 06:09
Well, it seems that things are going smoothly at the airline for a change given the lack of recent posts and the thread slowly falling onto page two would seem to confirm that – this should bring it back onto page one, though. Glad to see that 18 months of turmoil are behind them and it must irk some numpties that a place can be run responsibly, with good staff morale and that bosses can engender a feeling amongst staff where they want to go to work each day - everything the previous management failed at.

So, with the lack of any feedback and nothing worthwhile to post, I’ve taken to reading about others. Currently I’m reading about Donald Trump and some of the lasting attributes that come from one particular article are that he:-

Is accused of bullying staff

Appoints friends and associates to well-paid positions Is capable of his own “fake news”

Gets rid of people he personally doesn’t like despite their proven ability and worth

Is generally disliked by most except for the “inner circle”

Spends vast sums on pet projects that can’t be justified

Does not consult widely amongst those with past knowledge of a situation

Seems to like the sound of his own voice

Dislikes being challenged

Is out of touch with staff

Damages long established relationships with those who offer benefit

Has plenty who would be glad to see the end of him

Pursues vendettas

Sees himself as “God’s gift” to most situations

Hates adverse press or social media but will still try to use those avenues to his advantage

Is known to relate falsehoods

Was an unpopular appointment

Is suspected by many of having vested interests in some dealings

Seems to remind me of someone ……………………… am I alone?

down3gr33ns
20th Oct 2019, 20:44
To that Donald Trump (dt) list you can add:
Is nice directly to people’s faces but is nasty about them widely to others.
Isn’t trusted by many
Is angry about possible impeachment and being gotten rid of – oh, wait, forget that :). But angry anyway.

zanzibar
21st Oct 2019, 09:21
https://amp.couriermail.com.au/business/citybeat/city-beat-big-trouble-in-pr-paradise/news-story/dfc0fa4afcbc4566b98f97682d854d78

WE hear the recent troubling events at Nauru Airlines has hit one of Brisbane’s more high profile public relations outfits.

Mercer PR, run by Lyall Mercer, had until recently been doing public relations work for the carrier but that now appears in doubt after a three-man group appointed by Nauru’s new government last month fired the airline’s entire board. Following the defeat of Nauru President Baron Waqa in elections in August, Mercer’s work with the Nauru government also appears to be over.
City Beat spies tell us that the new government appears to be washing its hands of anything to do with the previous administration.
The international spotlight has been on the tiny republic thanks to it hosting a controversial detention center housing asylum seekers on behalf of Australia, its biggest foreign aid donor.
Lyall Mercer told City Beat yesterday that he could not discuss individual clients for confidentiality reasons. However, he confirmed the firm had assisted Nauru Airlines for a short time recently as requested by the previous board. “There is now a new board post-election and what they do in terms of communication is up to them,” he says. In terms of the Nauru government, he says the firm has not handled media relations for it for a number of years but had assisted them in other areas.“While there has been an election, we enjoy a good relationship with the current government and the new president. Nauru is a beautiful country with wonderful people that has sadly been misrepresented in a lot of media reporting,” he concluded.

https://www.afr.com/rear-window/federal-treasury-slams-pr-firm-for-human-rights-breach-20190710-p525vl

Lyall Mercer's Mercer PR is a smallish Brisbane PR firm whose clients include various evangelical faith groups and Queensland industry bodies. A former star client is the government of Nauru, not exactly a favourite of human rights groups. In fact Mercer's handling of the account has now been investigated by the Commonwealth Treasury, who advised it to implement human rights training.A highly unusual three-year probe by Treasury — under its auspices as administrator of the OECD guidelines for multinational enterprises — found Mercer PR's actions on behalf of the Nauru government "inconsistent with the human rights chapter". Specifically the parts relating to privacy.
Back in 2015, human rights groups were outraged after reporters were sent, through Mercer, a copy of an unredacted police report (including the results of a medical examination) about an asylum seeker who'd filed a rape complaint on Nauru. This was as part of efforts to discredit the woman's claims.
The Public Relations Institute of Australia in 2015 condemned Mercer's conduct in a statement, before saying its statement was "general in nature" a few months later, after Mercer PR threatened legal action "in regard to the defamatory statement".
But back to the present. Tuesday's Treasury report (https://cdn.tspace.gov.au/uploads/sites/112/2019/07/16_AusNCP_Final_Statement_Online.pdf) states that though Mercer declined to participate in some meetings about the complaint, the firm "appears to understand the importance of ensuring that its actions avoid potential adverse human rights impacts".Wishful thinking. The response by the firm on Wednesday afternoon said while its thoughts are "with the woman referred to", "this matter is about one press release sent almost four years ago". Not to mention the formal findings coming from "an obscure government organisation with no authority, about OECD guidelines no one has heard of except activist lawyers".
The government report, Mercer continued, "is extremely misleading and omits many facts that were relevant in the highly charged political atmosphere of the time. Surely this report is completely out of proportion and a gross waste of taxpayer money!"Given the reaction, and the fact Treasury has no punitive or coercive powers in the matter (it promises to follow up in six months), that last point rings true.One fact, at least, is undisputed: Mercer PR doesn't do contrition.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/channel-9-paid-thousands-of-dollars-to-pr-agent-lyall-mercer-for-an-interview-with-shiv-sica-the-wife-of-max-sica/news-story/ec7dbc2ee9723e9ce93b36086fa2861b

Interesting articles ................. offered without comment, suggestion or inference of any sort. Just found them very interesting and easily found on the 'net.

Paragraph377
21st Oct 2019, 12:19
Interesting articles indeed. The same company that worked with Air Nauru worked with some Evangelical organisations. Perhaps TeeJay has repented of all past sins, sung some songs with the church choir (some old Ansett tunes) and maybe he will now be blessed with a successful Consultancy? Or perhaps like Lazarus rising, TeeJay and Toomey (is he still alive?) will get together and form a new airline!

ringbinder
23rd Oct 2019, 09:17
If you effectively publish your CV on line for all to see, should you be honest and tell people that you were sacked from at least one of the positions? Does anyone else find it misleading to promote yourself but leave out relevant information?

Or do you leave it until an interview to give your side of the story in the hope that due diligence, as has happened in the past, isn’t done?

Just curious as to peoples thoughts ………………………….

patagonianworelaud
24th Oct 2019, 09:17
I see in today’s news a Canberra'n researcher discovered that a “strong ally of Donald Trump” was making false claims to support a position and pretending he was someone else. Is that of similarity or relevance to an any more local dt?

Paragraph377
10th Dec 2019, 03:53
I see that angry man Trevor’s mate from Ansett and then Qantas - Jason Cameron, has taken a job as Head of Airports. Both he and Trevor date back to time with Joyce at Ansett, Jetstar and Qantas...... amazing little connections.

How is Teejay’s consulting going peeps?