View Full Version : What to do now????

CaptWinky
23rd Apr 2001, 03:40
Well I finished at one of the 'top' schools doing an integrated course about a month ago now. I have been wondering what I should I do? obviously I have been ringing round like mad and sending off letters in vast quantities, BUT should I do a part time/full time job in the mean time while waiting trying to get the odd hour flying in when I can? or should I look to do a FI rating? (that way at least getting hours and getting paid for it :))
After all considering what i've just spent another 5k is a drop in the ocean *sighs* (check out the smoking hole that is a trainee pilots bank account hehe)
well anyway your input would be appreciated
Thx in advance
P.S. Sorry about the spelling it is really late and i am v.v. tired :)

[This message has been edited by CaptWinky (edited 22 April 2001).]

low flyer
14th May 2001, 20:56
If you can afford it, definitely go for the AFI rating. Without at least 500 to 700 hours you're going to have to be very lucky to get an airline to look at you. They don't seem to mind whether the hours were in a 747 or a C152, or whether you even flew them or were there as an instructor. All they look at is the bottom line on your CV.

Failing that, do get some kind of job - preferably one that pays enough to let you do the odd hour at weekends. At least then your log will show recent flying.

Be prepared for a long wait - don't get too depressed.