PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic hurricanes

PaxAverage
6th Sep 2019, 22:20
Hi folks. Will the current hurricanes in the atlantic affect a flight next mid week from YYZ to Manchester?
I know Air Transat usually flies the great circle over Labrador. Just curious if anyone would know.

S.o.S.
7th Sep 2019, 12:47
Hello PaxAverage and welcome to the Cabin of PPRuNe.
This should not be a problem as it is far South of your route and it is moving slowly. There may be a Pro along shortly.

Asturias56
7th Sep 2019, 19:46
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

The US National Hurricane Center is your first and only stop........................

MathFox
8th Sep 2019, 10:10
Hi folks. Will the current hurricanes in the atlantic affect a flight next mid week from YYZ to Manchester?
I know Air Transat usually flies the great circle over Labrador. Just curious if anyone would know.

As another participant noted: the current hurricanes are too far south to affect the North Atlantic crossings. But even when a hurricane was on the usual flight path, the airline would just plan a route around it; in that case it would add some minutes to the total flight time. Your flight will however be seriously disrupted when the hurricane visits one of the airports on your itinerary.

yellowtriumph
8th Sep 2019, 11:13
Our flight to Nova Scotia was called off yesterday evening at short notice. All ‘change’ paperwork to another flight all professionally handled by Westjet and our land agents. I would expect no less, but kudos to them both for making it very angst free.

PaxAverage
8th Sep 2019, 11:42
Thanks to everyone for the answers.