View Full Version : Cabair Part Sponsorships

benyhone
23rd Apr 2001, 02:08
I am interested in pursuing these schemes (British European, KLMuk etc)and would be grateful to hear of experiences of those who are actually on the course or of the selection procedures involved. Thanks in advance

BentDirector
24th Apr 2001, 02:10
I know this isn't informative advice, but.........

Don't bother!
Ask many CABAIR instructors.
They know the truth and are quite happy to share it (as I have found out).

little red train
24th Apr 2001, 02:53
knew a few folk on it.

CABAIR own you, they work you very hard with what is loosley termed as "pay" if you could get a proper sponsorship I'd go elsewhere. you'll be stuck where they put you for over two years, and looking at contining slide, I can't see it getting any nicer.

at the end of the day its hours and eventually an IR for 8K, not the best of deals, but the work offer and lack of initial capital may be tempting.

TEMP0+TSRAGR
24th Apr 2001, 12:41
I did the Cabair sponsorship 10 years ago, at the time I wasn't airline sponsored but at the end of 'term' they did help me get a job straight away with KLMuk.

If you work outside of Elstree or Cranfield (ie. Denham, Biggin, Redhill, Blackbushe) you will have a great time. Its a very rewarding few years teaching people to fly.

Well maintained a/c, friendly staff at the schools, but the management, well ! You just have to put up with them and think of the future ....

I did my time with KLMuk and now fly for BA mainline ...... it worked for me !