PDA

View Full Version : Last flight in 6 months

arc698
29th Aug 2019, 12:47
When airlines advertise a position requiring “Last flight within 6 months” does that mean last flight at an airline or can you just rent a Cessna for an hour to qualify?

sonicbum
29th Aug 2019, 13:22
Any guess ?

clvf88
29th Aug 2019, 13:25
When airlines advertise a position requiring “Last flight within 6 months” does that mean last flight at an airline or can you just rent a Cessna for an hour to qualify?

Thats exactly what I did. Ticks the box ...

Sidestick_n_Rudder
29th Aug 2019, 14:29
Except that many airlines require “last flight on type within 6 months”

sonicbum
29th Aug 2019, 15:25
I am not aware of any operator that would accept a non commercial single pilot flight.

clvf88
29th Aug 2019, 17:25
I am not aware of any operator that would accept a non commercial single pilot flight.

Ryanair - albeit for their 'cadet scheme'.

PilotRoger
30th Aug 2019, 08:20
Just follow what the requirement says, if you are not rated, then with flying time in SEP/MEP will do. The reason they put the criteria is to ensure you are recent, and you wont' be a complication during training.
Some companies even put for example, min 100 hours in the last 12 months, or something similar, in order to eliminate candidates who have 1 hour every year just to renew the license.
Now, this is very obvious, but worth to mention... SIM time never count (unless the criteria mentioned it, but I haven't seen any company having this so far)

sonicbum
30th Aug 2019, 10:06
Ryanair - albeit for their 'cadet scheme'.

It is quite difficult to have anything else than some non commercial general aviation flying time when interviewing for cadet positions, isn't it ?

clvf88
30th Aug 2019, 14:16
It is quite difficult to have anything else than some non commercial general aviation flying time when interviewing for cadet positions, isn't it ?

Cadet scheme is (or at least was) open to anyone. I had two NetJets and a King Air skipper on my course. So no, it isn't.