PDA

View Full Version : Brighton City Airport

brianj
28th Aug 2019, 17:56
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17864789.shoreham-airport-taken-new-aviation-firm/?ref=fbshr

darkskies
28th Aug 2019, 18:33
Is Brighton actually a city? I would've thought it would do anything to avoid it....

vctenderness
28th Aug 2019, 19:55
Yes it is! Brighton received city status some years ago.

Shoreham is a beautiful Airport with an iconic Art Deco Terminal building.

davidjohnson6
28th Aug 2019, 20:15
Is there any hope of Brighton City airport regaining some sort of small-scale commercial passenger flights ? I know the attempt in 2013 to fly to Paris-Pontoise was a commercial disaster (I was on one of the flights !) but being a passenger at Shoreham was a lovely experience

rhutch28
28th Aug 2019, 20:39
Is there any hope of Brighton City airport regaining some sort of small-scale commercial passenger flights ? I know the attempt in 2013 to fly to Paris-Pontoise was a commercial disaster (I was on one of the flights !) but being a passenger at Shoreham was a lovely experience

It was planned that Air Alderney would operate services into Brighton City, but not sure what is happening with them now (its been over a year since there website was updated)

derelicte
28th Aug 2019, 21:31
London Brighton surely?

kcockayne
28th Aug 2019, 21:52
It was planned that Air Alderney would operate services into Brighton City, but not sure what is happening with them now (its been over a year since there website was updated)
Air Alderney is not, & never was, anything more than a fantasy.

compton3bravo
29th Aug 2019, 08:44
Lovely airport and friendly as well which makes a change. Recommend the restaurant but if you are going for Sunday lunch best book because if you just turn up doubtful you will get a table. Well worth a visit and good luck to the new operator.

Europilot320
29th Aug 2019, 09:50
I recently read that a Norwegian company considered Brighton as a test airport for a potential electric aircraft
Will be interesting to see in what this develops into

David Thompson
29th Aug 2019, 17:39
More information about Cyrrus , a North Yorkshire based company ; https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/business/17867283.thirsk-company-buys-brighton-city-airport/ .

Mr Angry from Purley
30th Aug 2019, 06:17
Great little Airport just a shame about the football team. COYP