PDA

View Full Version : Travelling with Go Mon 12 Aug BFS/BRS

Dark Skies
7th Aug 2002, 18:07
I was wondering if the crew of the GO flt GO21 BFS/BRS were on PPrune?

My daughter who is 13 is travelling next week on Monday 12th and is returning on GO213 Thurs 15 AUG BRS/BFS.

She is a keen aviation 'Girly' and as I fly freight and can never take her I was wondering if some kind crew type person would possibly give her a quick tour of the flight deck so she can see what 'Dads' office looks like?

I really would be most grateful if someone could let me know.

All The Best,
Dark Skies

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Aug 2002, 10:54
Yep, I am the FO on that sector (8.30 local departure right?).

I'd be delighted to let her have a look around the flightdeck on the ground. Is it 737 freighters you fly..?

Cheers

Agaricus bisporus
8th Aug 2002, 16:34
Sorry to be a Jonah but just how does this jive with the recent DOT directive re non aircrew on the flight deck? If my girlfriend (who I know quite well) is a security hazard and some numptie from the office who I do not know from Adam is OK then how are we to know that someone's 13yr old daughter has not been got at by Islamic extremists and plans to kill us all? Well, how do we???

Sadly if the DOT are to issue blunderbuss rules like the recent one then we should be asking fatuous questions like the above. Would someone from the DOT care to elaborate?

.....?

No. I thought not.

Tossers. :(

Wee Weasley Welshman
9th Aug 2002, 17:05
But if the aircraft is on the ground with the engines off then surely there is no problem...?

Smokie
9th Aug 2002, 17:31
OH REALLY ! Just take a step back one, and think about it ........:(