PDA

View Full Version : Comair: advise please

devokeuk
7th Aug 2002, 17:56
Hi there.

I am due to finish my ATPL ground school soon and I have been looking at schools both in UK and US to build my hours and complete the CPL/IR modules.

I attended the flying school exhibition in Manchester last month and they had representation there. They said that they had been recently JAA approved and have twined up with Atlantic for the IR module.

Their facilities seem quite impressive and I was wondering if anyone has been out to Sanford to check them out , or indeed are thinking of doing the same?

Any advise would be helpful. Thanks a mill.

:)

stargazer02
8th Aug 2002, 00:52
Hey there
the acadamey in Sanford is not a bad one...and the last time i was there it had a very professional team there and most of the students were very well trained.
Sanford is becoming a busy airport but under the umbrella of Orlando Intl and near to Daytona Beach home of Embery Riddle Aeronautical University...you are in good aviation territory.
I would check out Embery Riddle too if you are going to venture out that far.....you take I4 northeast to Sanford and Daytona is only another 35miles on from there.....worth the trip and Riddle has impressive facilities.....better than Comair
Comair the airline do take instructors into their fold but you would need to have a green card and be 1 on the top 4 instructors to get a look in.