PDA

View Full Version : Dont Fly In This Rented Death Trap

mcoates
26th Aug 2019, 09:59
Even this 'joke' causes damage to light aircraft

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/student-pilot-not-getting-many-bites-on-offer-to-take-people-up-in-his-rented-death-trap/?fbclid=IwAR2KkcyC0TRaBkB89vACKnlsHMj67TfzeBCRlXmpv19UrB2i59 KT3MwW1rE

BigPapi
26th Aug 2019, 10:33
Haha, great stuff as usual from Betoota. Top notch stuff (usually).

Learn to take a joke pal.

lucille
26th Aug 2019, 10:53
Chill, it’s meant to be humorous. It’s just another rabid Lefty blog. It’s not really a proper news outlet. So no real damage done.

junior.VH-LFA
26th Aug 2019, 11:42
It's pretty funny.

Alpha Whiskey Bravo
26th Aug 2019, 11:47
Otto done good!

Gave it 110%

currawong
26th Aug 2019, 12:04
Betoota Advocate should do Media Watch...

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/headlines/leftie-journo-bored-****less-during-outrage-off-season-between-anzac-day-and-melbourne-cup/?fbclid=IwAR0cnnsldhogy_ZIxPuCbVlN0hz5R1LVr5CdZ6_pq7nxiQLQzv RX13h-2B0

De_flieger
26th Aug 2019, 12:31
Good grief! Relax, it's a joke, the Betoota Advocate does a pretty good job of skewering the left and right fairly evenly, and having a decent crack at millenials, angry boomers, businessmen, parents, lawyers and hippies along the way, with probably better standards of accuracy than News Ltd, Fairfax or the rest of their competition. Good job Otto!! (I'm still not going for a flight though mate!)

cowl flaps
26th Aug 2019, 17:07
Even this 'joke' causes damage to light aircraft

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/student-pilot-not-getting-many-bites-on-offer-to-take-people-up-in-his-rented-death-trap/?fbclid=IwAR2KkcyC0TRaBkB89vACKnlsHMj67TfzeBCRlXmpv19UrB2i59 KT3MwW1rE
Lighten up mate. Just classic Betoota Advocate reporting. A bloody good laugh actually. :ok:

mcoates
26th Aug 2019, 23:14
I know it is a joke, and I can appreciate it as a joke, it gave me a good giggle.

My concern was the general public coming across this and not understanding the message or website it was published on.

Also, when it gets plagiarised on other websites it ends up becoming a "real media story" and then before you know it when there is the next accident they will be grabbing text and images from this story and using it against "us"

Yes it is funny, would be used against the industry in the future, probably...

chuboy
26th Aug 2019, 23:46
"His instructors at Bored Surgeon Aviation"

Classic :p :p

The Betoota Advocate is legendary, I wouldn't worry about anyone mistaking it for anything other than a finely polished mirror turned towards the Australian zeitgeist.

JustinHeywood
27th Aug 2019, 00:15
The Betoota Advocate has essentially one joke: inner city lefties sneering at suburbia.

There is not one clever or witty line in the article, but the tone of their news ‘articles’ feeds the smug but insecure denizens of the green left bubble.

Stationair8
27th Aug 2019, 00:26
The Betoota Advocate, something that you can trust in these troubled times!

Quality journalism not seen since the demise of The Truth newspaper.

Lead Balloon
27th Aug 2019, 01:02
As I recall, the Editor In Chief of The Truth was a Labrador!

Ascend Charlie
27th Aug 2019, 03:28
The best non-news newspaper was Spotlight on Sport, with its low-res black&white centrefold photos, with the staple in a painful spot.

Sunfish
27th Aug 2019, 04:16
LB, the labrador was named “oscar” and he was frequently sued for defamation.

chuboy
27th Aug 2019, 06:40
The Betoota Advocate has essentially one joke: inner city lefties sneering at suburbia.

There is not one clever or witty line in the article, but the tone of their news ‘articles’ feeds the smug but insecure denizens of the green left bubble.

You simply haven't read enough Betoota if you you think "inner city lefties" have never copped a funny headline.

Lead Balloon
27th Aug 2019, 09:06
LB, the labrador was named “oscar” and he was frequently sued for defamation.
And quite rightly! That dog was responsible for many, many, scurrilous, salacious and generally false stories.

BigPapi
27th Aug 2019, 11:49
One negative of Betoota is that they really take a simplistic view of people and their political leanings, otherwise funny stuff.

Sunfish
27th Aug 2019, 21:57
lead balloon: And quite rightly! That dog was responsible for many, many, scurrilous, salacious and generally false stories.

........and highly entertaining.

Pinky the pilot
28th Aug 2019, 10:33
Just a slight thread drift but..
One wonders just why the name Betoota Advocate was decided upon for the site!:hmm:

Way back in the early/mid 80's the Betoota Pub was an interesting place to visit!:ooh:

Closed for quite a few years now I believe.

Allan L
28th Aug 2019, 12:35
Closed after Simon died, and that was a few years back. I think someone was trying to reopen it a year or so ago?

Looks like it might be close.
https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/queensland/2019/06/29/betoota-hotel-smallest-town/

cowl flaps
28th Aug 2019, 17:17
Closed after Simon died, and that was a few years back. I think someone was trying to reopen it a year or so ago?
They were trying for this weekend, but council pricks being council pricks, are giving them a hard time.

Betoota Re-Opening (https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6341518/yes-betoota-is-real-but-its-pub-wont-open-in-time-for-the-races/)

Pinky the pilot
30th Aug 2019, 10:12
Closed after Simon died,

Ties in from what I heard 'around the traps' over the years. Had a few drinks in the place back in the early 80's in my Seismic Survey days.

Incidentally, I knew him as Sigmund not Simon, and also heard a few interesting stories about his activities during WWII.
And they are best left alone I think.

Back to the original subject.

Obidiah
30th Aug 2019, 23:22
Reference to young pilot riding his mates Hayabusa; Pure gold

"He’d barely make it out of third gear before his organs would be in someone else.”