PDA

View Full Version : transport JP1 fuel drum by pressurize aircraft

ye han
23rd Aug 2019, 05:49
Hi! everyone!
Can the pressurize transport aircraft carry JP1 fuel pack with fuel drum?
Any regulation?
thank for your answer.

sycamore
23rd Aug 2019, 20:24
Try the `````Freight dogs forum`.....

VinRouge
23rd Aug 2019, 23:02
Hi! everyone!
Any regulation?
thank for your answer.
which regulatory regime?

who holds the risk?

is this a civil or military flight?

is this to fly some fuel from a to b or is it to save someone’s life?

Containment? Conpatibility? Is this a pax flight?

Please help if you expect an answer?

megan
24th Aug 2019, 06:16
If it's a commercial flight a look at the "IATA Dangerous Goods" manual will give the required info. Any airline or freight company will have the manual, or you could enquire direct to IATA at [email protected]

Mechta
24th Aug 2019, 22:12
Hi! everyone!
Any regulation?
thank for your answer.

Presumably you mean Jet A-1, as JP1 is obsolete?

F34
25th Aug 2019, 19:05
Speak to me on PM. I deal with this regularly and have done in the Middle East for the past 5 years.

=======================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

ye han
27th Aug 2019, 00:34
Thank to all for reply. My aim is to transport fuel drums to another airfield for other aircraft refuelling purpose.

F34
27th Aug 2019, 07:33
In theory they can only be transported in a approved drum with the relevant UN markings on the outside. Assuming you are operating in the wilds of Africa these sorts of things tend to go out of the window and as long as its not leaking and upright, secured then that tends to go. If you are doing it by the book then as people have said there is a set of regulations under IATA that decree types of packages, how to pack, paperwork etc etc. You also need to be a consignor which involves courses and money. If you are the airplane operator then you should have this all sorted to be fair, if you are the end-user then get the operator to "deliver to location as stated" and let them worry about it. Funnily enough my new line of work invovles providing solutions to out-of-area refuel operations.