PDA

View Full Version : Revalidation by Experience

memories of px
16th Aug 2019, 09:29
Whats the latest thinking on which form is needed, 1119E or 1157, doesnt seem to need to record how many hours were flown on the 1157

TheOddOne
16th Aug 2019, 14:09
I go for the 1119E. We use 1157 for flights involving a flight examiner, rather than reval. by experience signed off by a FI with FCL.945 or a GR Examiner, for which 1119E is more suited.

We use 1157 for renewals, rather than revalidations.

TOO

Whopity
16th Aug 2019, 21:11
signed off by a FI with FCL.945 or a GR Examiner,
On what basis is a GR Examiner authorised to sign a licence revalidation?

MrAverage
17th Aug 2019, 07:26
I use the 1119E purely because it's only one page. Back when the 1157 was two pages I just used the first page. Not lazy, just economical.

TheOddOne
17th Aug 2019, 08:36
On what basis is a GR Examiner authorised to sign a licence revalidation?

Sorry Whopity, my bad. Since we're talking Part FCL licences here, there hasn't been a basis for some years. I should have said Flight Examiner.

The 'R' element of Ground and Revalidation Examiner Authorisation specifically excludes signing any rating included in a Part-FCL licence.

TOO

justmaybe
3rd Sep 2019, 17:04
Sorry Whopity, my bad. Since we're talking Part FCL licences here, there hasn't been a basis for some years. I should have said Flight Examiner.

The 'R' element of Ground and Revalidation Examiner Authorisation specifically excludes signing any rating included in a Part-FCL licence.

TOO
Just while we are on the subject, what is the latest edict in relation to the 1hr training flight before being revalidated by FI with fcl 945 endorsed. Is it a series of flights with same FI or different FIs, and over what period. Which FI actually signs off the final detail? I know the CAA had the Alt MOC of max 3 flts with same FI, and that has been binned in favour of a more 'flexible' regime - just can't find chapter and verse on it.

Whopity
3rd Sep 2019, 18:51
FCL.740.A Revalidation of class and type ratings — aeroplanes
— refresher training of at least 1 hour of total flight time with a flight instructor (FI)
or a class rating instructor (CRI). Applicants shall be exempted from this refresher
training if they have passed a class or type rating proficiency check, skill test or
assessment of competence in any other class or type of aeroplane.
So it can be any number of flights totalling one hour with any number of instructors. Logically, the FI signing on the basis of FCL945 would need to be the last instructor conducting the qualifying training.
Each instructor would need to have endorsed the training in accordance with AMC1.FCL.050 b(4)
(4) instruction time: a summary of all time logged by an applicant for a
licence or rating as flight instruction, instrument flight instruction,
instrument ground time, etc., may be logged if certified by the
appropriately rated or authorised instructor from whom it was received;