PDA

View Full Version : Hour requirements for modular pilots.

Vcten
15th Aug 2019, 19:34
As a low hour CPL holder who has been out of aviation for some years, I’m considering a return to flying. I dream of becoming an airline pilot. My next task would be to get current and to embark on an MCC / APS course (any recommendations?). The major consideration that is holding me back is a seemingly lack of job opportunities for low hour pilots. Would the average modular pilot be crazy to embark on an MCC course without 500+ hours under his belt or is the market such that there are a few schemes and opportunities for someone in my position? I’m hoping for some candid and impartial advice.

Thanks as always.

Banana Joe
15th Aug 2019, 20:34
The MCC course is standard right after the CPL and ME-IR course.
​​​​​​Many modular pilots got their first job at 200 hours. Myself included.

LilPiloty
16th Aug 2019, 15:04
Are you a CPL holder without an IR? If so you'd need to complete your MEP/IR in order to be considered for an airline.

Also some MCC/APS providers require IR on your licence before you carry out the training.

All the best

parkfell
16th Aug 2019, 17:00
As a low hour CPL holder who has been out of aviation for some years, I’m considering a return to flying. I dream of becoming an airline pilot. My next task would be to get current and to embark on an MCC / APS course (any recommendations?). The major consideration that is holding me back is a seemingly lack of job opportunities for low hour pilots. Would the average modular pilot be crazy to embark on an MCC course without 500+ hours under his belt or is the market such that there are a few schemes and opportunities for someone in my position? I’m hoping for some candid and impartial advice.

Thanks as always.

You asked a similar question on 4 August; I gave an answer the following day?

If you have an absolute passion about flying, a real desire to succeed, then just get on with it.
If you are having any doubts, which would be perfectly understandable, given the time & effort involved in regaining competency at CPL/IR level, perhaps start with just PPL flying and see how it goes.