PDA

View Full Version : Hands Free Comms Use

Bob Wyer
15th Aug 2019, 09:23
Just found the answer on jet blast

Thud_and_Blunder
15th Aug 2019, 09:40
Pointless keeping this here, as the OP has completely deleted their entire original post. Better to scrap the whole thread.

BEagle
15th Aug 2019, 12:05
So don't ever talk to your passengers, change radio stations or swap a CD?

This utter horse$hit about hands-free phones in cars comes up every so often from some nannying do-gooder or other. Having used (only) hands-free phones in my cars for the last 28 years, I can say that there really is no problem. But texting, fiddling with 'apps', using a handheld is something else entirely.

15th Aug 2019, 12:21
If they bring in the ban....will the Police have to stop using their radios to? ;)

BEagle
15th Aug 2019, 12:35
Police and CB radios are simplex devices - you don't hear the other person until you stop transmitting. Whereas phones are duplex in operation.

beardy
15th Aug 2019, 12:41
So don't ever talk to your passengers, change radio stations or swap a CD?

This utter horse$hit about hands-free phones in cars comes up every so often from some nannying do-gooder or other. Having used (only) hands-free phones in my cars for the last 28 years, I can say that there really is no problem. But texting, fiddling with 'apps', using a handheld is something else entirely.
Not everyone is as gifted as you.

charliegolf
15th Aug 2019, 14:35
Not everyone is as gifted as you.

I am (as far as driving and talking goes. I reckon. Maybe.) I started the JB thread- I think it's a silly proposal; and that the law already exists to deal with bad driving.

CG

weemonkey
16th Aug 2019, 09:02
I am (as far as driving and talking goes. I reckon. Maybe.) I started the JB thread- I think it's a silly proposal; and that the law already exists to deal with bad driving.

CG

It does.

But it also does to keep the proles on their toes and distracted from the real [b]BIG ISSUES.

IMO