PDA

View Full Version : Nice Mig 29 up for sale if anyone wants one.

NutLoose
14th Aug 2019, 11:09
Might upset the neighbours though ;)

https://www.worldwarbirdnews.com/2019/08/12/mig-29-fulcrum-from-paul-allens-estate-for-sale/

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/08/06/mig_29ub_auction_paul_allen/

hunterboy
14th Aug 2019, 13:41
I’ve got a couple of grand I could chuck at it.....

Eclan
14th Aug 2019, 14:05
Good to see someone filthy rich spending money on the "right" sort of toys.

Must've shat off the russkies when their jets began showing up in the west. Have any modern western jets ever end up in Russian hands?

A_Van
14th Aug 2019, 15:23

Must've shat off the russkies when their jets began showing up in the west.

Several new NATO members from Eastern Europe had MiGs (incl. -29) in their AF for a long time. Even including Germany. And so what?

MPN11
14th Aug 2019, 15:58
Nice, but my lawn is likely to prove a bit short. :)

Good Vibs
14th Aug 2019, 16:10
I think it was in 1993 when I first visited the air museums in Prag Kbely, CZ and Krakau, PL and saw ex VNAF F-5's and A-37B's on display.
At the time an "eye opener" for a Nato member!

NutLoose
14th Aug 2019, 23:20
Several new NATO members from Eastern Europe had MiGs (incl. -29) in their AF for a long time. Even including Germany. And so what?

I think you will find he means that it's not really ideal to have your current crop of combat aircraft, all be it not the latest models and ageing designs in the possession of your possible future adversary's where they can study it's systems and combat handling to work out it's weaknesses and develop an effective and credible defense against them. Admittedly the Mig 29 is long in the tooth now but at the collapse of East Germany the west suddenly had access to East German aircraft that were still in front line service. Similar to the aircraft operated by the USA (Flankers etc ) one wonders what Russia has squirrelled away for testing.

15th Aug 2019, 07:56
Good to see someone filthy rich spending money on the "right" sort of toys.

Must've shat off the russkies when their jets began showing up in the west. Have any modern western jets ever end up in Russian hands?

..I think they got a U2...ok, a few bits of one, fairly early on ;)