PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Brown paint codes

blue up
8th Aug 2019, 11:03
Does anyone have any RAL paint codes for the 3 browns in the better Boeings (none of that nasty grey stuff)

747-400 Sim needs some touch-up on the control yokes, around some instruments and on the edges of the tray tables. I'm sure Mr Boeing could sell me some paint but I doubt I could justify the expense!

Thanks

Rob

winglit
21st Aug 2019, 04:56
The shade of brown in the 767 is called 'Beaver". I remember whilst on flying spanner duties, doing a trip with a rather attractive female first officer. She was complainig that a lot of the paint was peeling off the instrument panel in front of her. I told her to make a tech log, "First officer's beaver needs touching up!"

Webby737
21st Aug 2019, 10:49
Hi Rob,
I've no idea what the paint codes are but could you remove a small panel or tray table as a sample and then pop over to your local car paint shop.
They should be able to colour match the paint for you and mix you up a can or two.

Webby

Bergerie1
21st Aug 2019, 11:46
Why don't you try Farrow & Ball, they do some nice numbers in wallpaper and paint colours?

blue up
23rd Aug 2019, 06:57
I ended up taking one of the panels to B&Q (Like Wallmart, but without the weird people) and they used a scanner to match the colour. £3 for a 1/4 litre of water-based paint. Can't beat that!!