BEagle
6th Aug 2019, 18:35
Yes
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Whopity
6th Aug 2019, 21:52
You only have to look in Part FCL
FCL.405.A MPL — Privileges

(a) The privileges of the holder of an MPL are to act as co-pilot in an aeroplane required to be operated
with a co-pilot.

(b) The holder of an MPL may obtain the extra privileges of:

(1) the holder of a PPL(A), provided that the requirements for the PPL(A) specified in Subpart
C are met;

(2) a CPL(A), provided that the requirements specified in FCL.325.A are met.

(c) The holder of an MPL shall have the privileges of his/her IR(A) limited to aeroplanes required to be
operated with a co-pilot. The privileges of the IR(A) may be extended to single-pilot operations in
aeroplanes, provided that the licence holder has completed the training necessary to act as PIC in
single-pilot operations exercised solely by reference to instruments and passed the skill test of the
IR(A) as a single-pilot.

parkfell
6th Aug 2019, 22:14
As the MPL light ac training is less than that for the standard CPL (& IR) course, then a shortfall exists compared to the "normal route".
Consult an ATO as to the necessary training requirements.

Genghis the Engineer
7th Aug 2019, 08:37
As the MPL light ac training is less than that for the standard CPL (& IR) course, then a shortfall exists compared to the "normal route".
Consult an ATO as to the necessary training requirements.
Sounds like a classic case of "training as required to pass the skill test".

G

Whopity
7th Aug 2019, 10:38
That's what I thought. As a MPL candidate does 70 hours on a SEP that should not pose any great problems.

MrAverage
7th Aug 2019, 15:04
So no need for a QXC and or 10 hours solo?

Genghis the Engineer
8th Aug 2019, 07:08
So no need for a QXC and or 10 hours solo?

(1) the holder of a PPL(A), provided that the requirements for the PPL(A) specified in Subpart C are met;

Sounds like they probably do.

G

MrAverage
8th Aug 2019, 08:20
I'm not familiar with the content of the MPL syllabus (keeping up with PPL regs is more than enough for me), but I've been told there is no solo element. If that is the case, I would be uncomfortable asking for anything less than QXC and 10. Presumably they do the same CPL flight test, or is that multi-crew?