PDA

View Full Version : Go Slow in Buenos Aires?

Long Haul
5th Aug 2019, 20:19
Today at Ezeiza, ATC seemed determined to only use runway 35 for takeoffs and landings, despite 11/29 being open, and the wind easily within limits to use it in either direction (more or less 010/15 all day and CAVOK). As 35 requires a backtrack for takeoff, this caused long waits for departures, and we even had to hold for twenty minutes upon arrival, despite light winds and visibility unrestricted. Is this some kind of protest?.

cosmiccomet
7th Aug 2019, 11:26
At this moment there is not any ATC union protest. The TMA Baires has EZE, AEP, PAL and FDO airports and I am guessing that the usage of runway 31 in AEP limit the operations in EZE.
Just relax and enjoy the view...and load more fuel!!!

SuperSmart666
2nd Sep 2019, 12:24
At this moment there is not any ATC union protest. The TMA Baires has EZE, AEP, PAL and FDO airports and I am guessing that the usage of runway 31 in AEP limit the operations in EZE.
Just relax and enjoy the view...and load more fuel!!!
I agree; frequently Ezeiza is not the problem, it’s the other close by airports.
Baires has become a very busy TMA with 4 busy airports fairly close by. It’s not uncommon to have 737’s and A320’s fly below 3000 feet for over 10 minutes due to airspace congestion; taking extra fuel is very wise here!