PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to all members in HK Aviation Industry

littlecitizenhk
1st Aug 2019, 11:56
We stay together no matter how high the sky is;

We tackle every challenge like takeoff in strong winds

“Appeal to Hong Kong aviation industry for the Citywide Strike on 5 Aug”

We are a group of individuals working in Hong Kong aviation industry and are not necessary from the same company, or a member of any trade unions.

As Hong Kong is known as an international aviation hub that operates 24/7, we are very devoted in providing the top-notched services to passengers from around the world. And most importantly, we are proud of our professionalism.

Although we work for different airlines and possess different years of working experiences, we are now connected with the same causes – disappointment in the mishandling by the HKSAR Government, as well as excessive violence and abuse of power by the HK Police Force, in the recent demonstrations. Our common demands are to urge the Government to withdraw the Extradition Bill Amendment and restore social harmony.

Our freedom, liberty, human rights and safety are all at stake.

Since 9 June, numerous petitions, processions and rallies have been held, one after the other. People from different industries, including civil servants, have voiced their demands openly but our Government has chosen to turn a deaf ear. The Yuen Long Incident on 21 July not only ruined Hong Kong’s reputation as one of the safest cities in Asia but also proved the poor governance of HKSAR Government.

As per 40+ open letters from other professional sectors, the HKSAR Government has done nothing to restore social order and harmony. Instead, the Police Force have been condoned to excessive use of violence and abusing their power in recent rallies. Demonstrators, journalists and even civilians who happened to be at the scene of protests have become victims of random shots fired by the police. We therefore condemn HKSAR Government and Police Force for not investigating and arresting all white T-shirts rioters in ‘Yuen Long attack’, but arresting hundreds of demonstrators within a short period of time under the charge of riot in which they were only demonstrating peacefully on the streets.

Like all other local citizens, we are still holding onto our professions and striving for the best, even though we are suffering from uncountable heartbroken and sleepless nights since 9 Jun.

But now, today, we can no longer wear the smiles and hide our tears.

If HKSAR Government keeps ignoring the public opinions and condoning the excessive violence by the police, it will definitely destroy Hong Kong's hard-won international status. Many countries, such as the United States, are considering to revise their policies and measures against Hong Kong for the social instability and the loss of liberty. Hong Kong will be completely destroyed once the revision is made. When people from overseas do not travel to Hong Kong for their businesses and vacations anymore, the aviation industry will collapse as well.

We are now united as one, calling on the aviation industry to join this Citywide Strike on 5 Aug to express our utter disappointment with the Government.

Should you choose to report duty on the day, providing limited services are strongly encouraged.

Comparing to the risks faced by the frontline protesters, ours for joining the strike are much lower. They have contributed their blood and sweat to voice out for us. So PLEASE join us to come out and safeguard our home together. We need you to stand with us and participate in the Citywide Strike and the Rallies in 7 Districts, in order to urge the Government to address to the issues and respond to our demands.

The 5 Demands of HKers:

1. Complete withdrawal of the Extradition Bill Amendment

2. Unconditional Release of all arrested protesters

3. Retraction of “Riot” characterisation of the Protests

4. Independent investigation into Police Brutality

5. Dissolution the legislature and immediate implementation of universal suffrages for Chief Executive and Legislative Council

We need to remedy Hong Kong.

A group of true Hongkongers from the Aviation Industry

Information on the tentative Rallies in 7 Districts:

Date: 5 Aug 2019

7 Districts: Shatin, Tsuen Wan, Tune Mun, Wong Tai Sin, Admiralty, Mong Kok and Tai Po

(Assembly points and details are subject to changes, please stay tuned)

Protest for the Government ignoring our demands, Say No to Abuse of Power by HK Police

This is a call to action. NOW, or never.

csd
2nd Aug 2019, 03:07
As far as I'm concerned, I think that the HK police have been very restrained. Perhaps some of the vandals / rioters should try their tactics in other parts of the world and see what happens?

smiling monkey
3rd Aug 2019, 01:02
As far as I'm concerned, I think that the HK police have been very restrained. Perhaps some of the vandals / rioters should try their tactics in other parts of the world and see what happens?

That was part of the problem. The HK police were too restrained by not taking any action on the white shirt triad brigade. Those white shirt panzies got away with assault and battery including the assault of a pregnant lady and children using clubs and umbrellas whilst the police stood by. The OP has my full support.

RAT Management
3rd Aug 2019, 04:39
Strike.... Ha ha ha ha ha. You will never see the pilots on this forum strike.

WstCstCmtr
3rd Aug 2019, 05:55

Are you joking?

Have you not seen the videos of police pushing down people who are just walking by? Pointing shotguns at peoples faces?

What happens anywhere else is irrelevant, it could not matter any less. Wrong is wrong. You must be an only child.

CXDOG
3rd Aug 2019, 06:03
That was part of the problem. The HK police were too restrained by not taking any action on the white shirt triad brigade. Those white shirt panzies got away with assault and battery including the assault of a pregnant lady and children using clubs and umbrellas whilst the police stood by. The OP has my full support.
Yes because the Police were fully occupied dealing with the protest out of control in Sheung Wan at the same time. Unless you want a police state with thousands of uniformed troops patrolling the streets then their resources are going to be stretched thin with an unexpected thug attack. For goodness sake stop buying into the conspiracy theories about Police and Triad collusion. If the Triad attack had happened on an ordinary weekday then the response would have been much more capable

Air Profit
3rd Aug 2019, 06:23
Ok Dog...you go with that. We'll just pretend that it's normal for, a) two cops who were already there quietly walked away and let the triads assault people unhindered, and b) there is no evidence that the HK Police are beginning to become an agent of coercion against the HK populace. Enjoy riding your unicorn today.

WstCstCmtr
3rd Aug 2019, 08:06
Ok Dog...you go with that. We'll just pretend that it's normal for, a) two cops who were already there quietly walked away and let the triads assault people unhindered, and b) there is no evidence that the HK Police are beginning to become an agent of coercion against the HK populace. Enjoy riding your unicorn today.

Dude. He has been riding it wrong...

CXDOG, you should sit on the back, not the head.

jetjockey696
3rd Aug 2019, 09:54
Cathay pilot faces a decade in jail for rioting

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hong-kong-protests-cathay-pilot-faces-a-decade-in-jail-for-rioting-hwbbbh2px

CXDOG
3rd Aug 2019, 12:13
So I hold a view that does not believe baseless conspiracy theories. Maybe you believe the moon landings were faked too. I don’t know. But I don’t insult you if you do. The police were busy dealing with massive riots using all available resources and then a pre-planned mob attack occurs out of the blue in Yuen Long while the thugs know that all available police have been pulled into Central. They want to make an ‘anti-protest’ statement while the cops are busy tied up. The two cops there, even though armed, realise they are woefully outnumbered and are surprised so they withdraw while they call for backup. But none was available. Thugs get away. Did you want them to open fire with the victims in close proximity to the bad guys? If one of the black shirted protesters had been hit by a police bullet you’d be screaming police brutality from the rooftops. Anyway my theory sounds a hell of a lot more plausible than the police called up their thug mates to put on a show - which makes the police look bad. Really? As for the idea that the Police are becoming ‘agents of coercion’. Just Wow. Time to put the whacky weed away dude. You’ve been watching too many HK cop/triad movies.

Near Miss
3rd Aug 2019, 13:44
So it wasn't a conspiracy, just cowardice. Ok then.

CXDOG
3rd Aug 2019, 15:38
Well you’d have to ask the two officers wouldn’t you? This ain’t the USA where they shoot first and ask questions later.

My speculative theory involves two officers behaving less than optimally in a dynamic high stress environment. Your theory involves dozens of probably senior police colluding with their sworn enemies to make the police force look really bad. I can’t imagine why I’m sceptical...

DropKnee
4th Aug 2019, 00:24
The government and organized crime have been rubbing each other for centuries. For anyone to think otherwise is a dam fool.
Pick up a book.

CXDOG
4th Aug 2019, 05:17
The government and organized crime have been rubbing each other for centuries. For anyone to think otherwise is a dam fool.
Pick up a book.
I’m not denying that corruption for financial advantage has or may still exist. But this is different altogether

hyg
4th Aug 2019, 05:57
Well you’d have to ask the two officers wouldn’t you? This ain’t the USA where they shoot first and ask questions later.

My speculative theory involves two officers behaving less than optimally in a dynamic high stress environment. Your theory involves dozens of probably senior police colluding with their sworn enemies to make the police force look really bad. I can’t imagine why I’m sceptical...

everyone in USA can potentially have a gun..... besides, all the other 'riots' in Europe/USA consist of looting and raping too, now who got raped and which shop got looted??

CXDOG
4th Aug 2019, 06:08
everyone in USA can potentially have a gun..... besides, all the other 'riots' in Europe/USA consist of looting and raping too, now who got raped and which shop got looted??
I didn’t realise this was a debate about US gun control (or lack thereof) thereby allowing the police to shoot whoever they want. And I’ll have to bow to your superior knowledge of raping and looting.

Adam Nams
4th Aug 2019, 07:28
Your theory involves dozens of probably senior police colluding with their sworn enemies ...

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x1333/664ce7ba_f3e8_4ff7_831c_8d87b993b24f_b64422e7f5af99f7c24b0b6 a1ac99770f19e9ccf.jpg
Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Adam Nams
4th Aug 2019, 07:30
I hear that HKATC is suffering from some sort of mass sickness this afternoon. I trust that they all will be fighting fit very soon.

Paul852
4th Aug 2019, 12:51
Yes, Apple Daily is claiming (without corroboration, and it can be a bit sensationalist) that over one third of the ATCs rostered for Monday have already called in sick.

leopold bloom
7th Aug 2019, 17:49
I hear that HKATC is suffering from some sort of mass sickness this afternoon. I trust that they all will be fighting fit very soon.
“Fighting Fit” 🤣 I see what you did there.