PDA

View Full Version : Another airfield closed - Arclid, Cheshire

ETOPS
31st Jul 2019, 08:29
Just heard the suprising news that another of my local strips at Arclid has closed. (Lymm Dam closed a couple of months ago). Arclid was mainly a microlight field but big enough light aircraft as well and was on my "to do" list :sad:

The operation has now moved to Dairyhouse farm, Worleston which is just west of Crewe.

Arclid airfield - Directions for arrival by road (http://www.cheshiremicrolights.co.uk/how_to_find_us.php)

TURIN
31st Jul 2019, 09:59
Shame. I heard about this a few weeks ago. Nice place. There's a horse racing training livery near by, noise complaints were always a problem.

There is another airfield west of Holmes Chapel at Sprosten. Not currently in use but its there.

However, I've just found this.

Sproston Green- Ah! the infamous and now dead fraudster Muhammad Naviede. At the height of his 'wealth' he bought a big house, a big plane and built a runway for it. Slight oversight in not mentioning it to the planners who took against the development. Google his name for an evening's worth of jaw dropping reading.

It has now got a hedge across the middle, so forget that. Sorry.

scifi
1st Aug 2019, 12:58
One of my regular P2 is halfway through his NPPL at Arclid, I hope they have told him of the move.