PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Jet International, Miami ?

Limey
6th Aug 2002, 21:43
I am hoping to hear from anybody who has knowledge of this training organisation or similar (feedback much appreciated)

I have a FAA PPL, UK CPL and a recent "green card"

Problem is defective night colour vision (OK USA due to waiver, NOT OK UK or Europe)

Have been advised to gain FAA Commercial, Instrument and Multi and then pay up front for FO hours and type rating on Beech 1900 or similar in the hope that things will pick up in a year or so and I can gain some entry level experience for a FO position with an airline such as Ameriflight. Everybody tells me that flight instruction will not pay the bills.

Current situation:38 years old, married, In a 9-5 job that sucks but pays bills, young family, will need to sell up house to fund training and support myself for a couple of years while training in USA. "Heart" says go do it but "head" and "Gut" say "bad times sit tight" ! - advice welcome !

james lully
7th Aug 2002, 03:55
Regardless you pay for the FO hours, I believe you have to be a U.S. citzen inorder to work for any U.S. airline.( as a pilot) That is the new law past in Nov. 2001. Green Card is not enough any more

Limey
8th Aug 2002, 20:56
I phoned Oklahoma to check on this and they were not able to confirm that you must be a US citizen to crew a US airline.

Are you sure about this ? Is it only airlines ? what about all the other operators of Turboprops etc ?

james lully
9th Aug 2002, 03:12
Try www.flightinfo.com. This is the U.S. site equivalent to the pprune. In the message board, do a search on the Regional section, you will find a lot more about this issue. I remember few weeks ago there was a big disscussion on this issue.

james lully
9th Aug 2002, 03:26
Try type in www.flightinfo.com manually it does not connect from here.

Limey
9th Aug 2002, 08:24
James

Thanks for the tip I will go and have a look at this

onehunga
9th Aug 2002, 12:28
If YOU pay for hours on a beech 1900 then why would you be "employed". You wouldnt be drawing a salary would you.

Limey
9th Aug 2002, 17:19
Onehunga

I am looking at the long term prospects of getting a job with a regional airline at the end of my cunning plan. If that is a non starter because you have to be a US Citizen then I can think of better things to do with my time and money.

I do get your point though I would not be "employed" whilst gaining the hours.:)